Chapter 19

"Oh my god! It hasn't changed one bit!" I said standing in awe at our old hang out stop and let's just say they have the best food in Denver.

Ok maybe I'm exaggerating but it was mouthwatering food that lights up every taste bud in your mouth.

The dainty old dinner looked the same. It had the same old chipped painting, kids names written on the wall of fame, and even the open sign was the same.

The inside had cheap checker flooring, red and white booth seats with wooden tables. Antique signs and toys were placed as before I left. Not a thing miss placed.

I find myself relaxing in such familiar surroundings. I smile at the memories we had here.

I look around for the face I've missed dearly here. There was no sign of him up front so I walked up to the front counter and started repeatedly hitting the bell.

"Bella he is going to get tired of you ringing that bell." Lexi laughed but I continued to ring it.

"I'm coming! Stop with that stupid bell. I'm old, not deaf I heard it the first 2 times!" He yelled in his thick Latin accent, from the back.

I heard the door swing open and Still, I continued to ring the shiny small bell. A huge grin spreader across my face when he came into view.

"I SAID. I. WAS.-" He stopped mid-sentence when he saw me. The scowl on his face vanished replaced with a big smile.

"Pulchra mihi Bella!" Luca yelled making a beeline towards me. I ran to him and gave him a much-needed hug.

"Te desidero" I cried in his arms. After a few moments like that I pulled back to see his face.

"I missed you too Bella." He said grabbing my shoulders. "You've grown these past few months. You're Growing into a beautiful strong woman just like your mother."

I smiled at the thought, knowing that meant a lot to me for him to say that to me.

Luca took me in under his wing, gave me a job, patched me up when I couldn't. He was more of a father than the man that gave me life was.

He was a friend of my mothers before all the tragic stuff happened.

We were a regular here, he taught me how to fight and defend myself against the people that hurt me. He use to box but soon gave it up to pursue his love for food.

He kept me on my toes. There was never a dull moment around him.

I looked at him and he still had the same short-styled brown hair with a stumble on his face. His eyes grew duller but I could see happiness in them right now.

He was of average height and as usual still had the ladies swooning over him. He was about mid 20's or 30's but he would never tell me his exact age.

"Thank you, Luca, you don't look bad your self but I think I see a few gray hairs." I gasped and he glared at me.

"Hush child I am lonely since you left." He mutters and I chuckled. "You need to find a special someone Luca soon." I laughed.

Luca chuckled but averted his eyes behind me, letting know I had a presence behind me. I quickly turned around seeing everyone staring at me. I laughed awkwardly.

"Damon this is Luca, My Uh." I smile

"Her dad." Luca cut in, giving him a stern look like a father would do when meeting a boy.

"Hello, sir, nice to meet you." He politely said leaving me shocked to know he has manners.

Luca also seemed shocked and looked at me. "Don't lose this one." He stated.