Chapter 7: Know thy enemy part I

(Normal pov)

Viggo decided to divide and conquer, he and Ryker would seek out Trader Johann and question him about this... Hiccup fellow and leave Enyo to lead a pack of hunters in search for the Screaming Death.

With the Grimborn brothers absent, Enyo led the hunters in search of the dragon they've come for. They started at islands that Whispering Deaths prefer to live, which could be countless islands throughout the Archipelago. Enyo took out notes taken on the Screaming Death for any information that may have been missed.

"Born every one hundred or so years, the Screaming Death has all the strengths of its subordinate cousin, the Whispering Death, with none of its weaknesses. Unlike the Whispering Death, this dragon has no aversion to sunlight. In fact, young Screaming Deaths are drawn to bright light. Attraction to light wears off as the dragon gets older. It shoots large spines from its tail and can breathe massive amounts of fire in a single blast, but the Screaming Death's real strength is its insatiable appetite. Like the Whispering Death, the Screaming Death likes to tunnel, consuming sea stacks and decimating entire islands."

Enyo pinches the bridge of her nose in frustration, this dragon doesn't want to be found, but failure was absolutely unacceptable. Especially orders directly from Drago himself. The mans thirst for conquest was almost unquenchable, he wanted the rarest and deadliest dragons in his arsenal and rule the world as its Dragon-God.

The young woman exhaled as they approached the final island that housed Whispering Deaths, she prayed to the gods that they'd find their prize. She did not want to waste anymore resources and these hunters time.

Upon landing on shore, four dozen squads of hunters searched the island with Enyo. She sat on top of her Triple Stryke as the rest of the hunters picked apart the island for anything.

Until...

"Ma'am! Over here!" A group of hunters hollered out, Enyo and her dragon made their way toward the hunters and they held up a massive scale that was albino white. Enyo smirked, their prize must be close, she ordered hunters move ahead quietly while she'd get in the air and do air recon.

Suddenly a roar was heard and scattered the birds, sending them flying away spooked, the hunters nocked their arrows and crossbows and took cover, they knew full well that a pissed off dragon can be very dangerous to subdue. And Drago's orders are not to kill the dragon.

The Screaming Death burst from the tree line and roared again; showing off its long snake-like body, large chomping mouth, rows of teeth, spiny frills along underbelly, blood red spikes on its head and the expandable spiny frill layers on neck. It then fired its gatling concentric rings of fireballs, scattering the hunters who couldn't find cover in time.

The hunters deployed grapple cannons and fired, the dragon proof chains wrapped around the giant dragon. It roared in displeasure and began thrashing around violently while shooting some of its spines, impaling several hunters through the face, dropping them instantly.

Enyo nocked and arrow, took aim and fired an extremely high concentrated dragon root arrow at her prey, once the arrow pierced the dragon, it roared in pain and let loose a disoriented scream, causing the young woman and her dragon to crash. The rest of the hunters took Enyo's example and began to pump the Screaming Death full of high concentrated dragon root arrows.

Within minutes, the dragon dropped and roared weakly. Completely surrounded and knowing it could die, the Screaming Death accepted its fate for the time being and stopped fighting.

"Load it up! And send a message to Viggo that we've captured it." The hunter captain barked, the other hunters loaded up their prey on their ship and began writing a Terror Mail to Viggo. The captain walked over to Enyo and helped her up and chuckled. "An excellent hunt! You've proven yourself before me and my men, Drago will be most pleased that our labors have finally bore fruit." The young woman smiled and nodded in agreement, finally, now all they had to do was deliver the dragon to Drago.