Chapter 34: Home

(Normal pov)

As Hiccup and his allies finish burning Drago's fortress to the ground, they held a memorial for their dead, they sent their brothers and sisters to rest and dine in the halls of Valhalla. Hiccups Viking allies bid there goodbyes, they told Hiccup they'd meet him back at Berk for the huge celebration. Viggo returned to his tribe and decreed they would not hunt dragons anymore, but to befriend them and work along side them.

As Hiccup and Toothless exited the icy mouth that held Drago's fortress, he saw Drago's fleet, they were absent during the battle, but he could already see men scrambling on all the decks of their ships, preparing themselves for a fight, as he and Eret flew in. He had come to discuss a treaty with the new captain of Drago's fleet. Eret had come along as back up and as a witness to the transaction Hiccup hoped would take place.

"You ready, bud?" Toothless gave him a mischievous look and let out a loud roar before circling the slew of boats, terrifying many. "Well, that was helpful... not. Toothless, we're trying to make friends. Not scare the living daylights out of these guys!" Toothless made a guttural noise that sounded like the human equivalent to a laugh. "Ha ha, very funny, now let's land on..." Hiccup looked around and saw a large, well they were all large, but a larger and scarier than the rest warriors who stood out and looked like he was in charge, "...that boat." He pointed and Toothless glided down. At least twenty spears were pointed at them the minute Toothless placed his paws on deck. He looked back at Hiccup cautiously. "It's okay, bud. Just relax. I've got this."

Hiccup slid Drago's bull-hook out of it's casing and jumped down, holding it out in front as an offering. Many of these men had fought along side Drago for years, they gasped at the sight of their masters bull-hook in Hiccup's hand. The guy who Hiccup had guessed was the leader of the pack, stalked over to meet him, towering at least two feet over his head.

"I am Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, Chief of Greater Berk." He brushed one of the guard's pointed swords away as he walked closer. "This is the bull-hook of your dead master— Drago Bludvist, which I give to you freely." Hiccup said as he stopped in front of the man and held out the weapon, but the man did not take it. His eyes only narrowed and Hiccup swallowed hard.

"I am Arkamun Nzeogwu V. I am now chief of all these men." He gestured to the array of ships. "You are master of all dragons. Leader of Greater Berk. And bane of all who seek to harm dragons. A fierce and worthy opponent. I want peace between us."

"Peace?" Hiccup said excitedly. "Really? I mean, wow, that's great! Here." He chucked the bull-hook to one of the soldiers standing near, before reaching into his flight suit's arm compartment and bringing out a large piece of paper. "A treaty?" He asked happily. The man's face relaxed and Hiccup went on. "You don't attack us, we don't attack you. Open trade between us both. How does that sound?" Arkamun nodded and Hiccup wrote out all the particulars, signed it and gave it back to Arkamun, who looked it over carefully.

"This is good." He agreed. Then he took the pen from Hiccup and signed it convitedly. Hiccup bowed his head in thanks, as did Arkamun. The war was officially over.

They were now at peace.

(Greater Berk)

As Hiccup and Eret entered Berk air space, they spotted Outcast, Bog and Meathead ships at the harbor and they noticed both Bewilderbeast were moving to their side of the island that held the nest. As Hiccup and Eret landed, Hiccup slid off Toothless and ran to his house; eager to see his family. As he opened the door he gasped at the sight, Valka and Gothi tending to Astrid and Mala. When Hiccup approached his anger shot through the roof as he saw the wounds, they were whip lashes.

Gothi approached Hiccup and performed sign language. 'Mala has lost too much blood, I fear she will not survive.' Tears welled up in Hiccup's eyes, Mala could die? She can't! Hiccup looked at the stairs to see Calus with a sorrowful look while shaking his head and comforting Eira, the looks on their faces told Hiccup all he needed to know. "And what of Astrid?" He asked worryingly, Gothi nodded and spoke with her hands once more. 'She will live, your mother and I have been doing everything we can, but we can only do so much...' Hiccup knelt down and placed a hand on Gothi's shoulder.