5

"She's so tiny uncle!" Nickolai exclaimed excitedly as he looked at his little cousin, causing Anastasia to hush him. Karina was peacefully sleeping in Vadim's arms, he was sitting on the couch with his nephew siting next to him.

"Why?"

Anastasia looked at her son with a stern look, she was standing behind the couch, as she whispered "You'll wake up th-". She was suddenly silenced as she saw the little baby scrunch up her face before she began to cry.

Vadim quickly began to rock her, unsuccessfully trying to silence her. "Here let me." Anastasia said as she took Karina out of his arms. She softly swayed, as the baby began to calm down.

"I still can't believe it, Vadim." Anastasia softly whispered. Nostalgia was what she felt as she held the little baby in her hands. She missed the times when Nickolai was still a baby.

"Do you think Dimitri will want another baby?" She randomly asked her brother. Vadim looked confused as she asked this question, unsure what to say. In that moment Anastasia wondered if Dimitri was thinking of the same thing.

Sadly Dimitri had something else on his mind. He had left almost an hour ago, to go and get some baby stuff from their home. But as he was riding over the highway, all he could think of was his deal. Unsure if he wanted to continue this pact.

His hands were shaking as he picked up the phone and dailed his number. Time seemed to slow down as he heard the ringing of the phone. No, he didn't want to continue this deal. He had made a mistake when he'd trusted this awful man, Dimitri felt ashamed of himself that he even considered to betray his wife. Anastasia, the mother of his son and the love of his life, how he had wronged her. Tears started to form in his eyes, as he heard that he had picked up the phone.

"Hello, Dimitri," a heavy voice said from the other end of the phone call. His voice was demanding and cold, Leonardo was indeed a scary man.

"Leonardo." Dimitri managed to say as he was chocking on his tears. He felt embarrassed that he had fallen into this man's trap.

"I c-can't do it." He shakily told Leonardo.

"Idiota!" He heard Leonards shout at him. "Fucking idiot!"

"I can't kill him." Dimitri whispered. How had he ever been able to think about killing his brother-in-law? Regret was all he felt as he thought about it.

"You'll regret it Dimitri, you hear me?" Leonardo said coldly. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he heard the call being cut off.

You'll regret it.

That were the last thoughts, before he lost conscious.

Back in the mansion Vadim had Karina in his arms,as he walked towards her nursery. She had her beautiful eyes closed as he carefully opened the door.

Her room was filled with silence. The walls were painted in pastel colour, giving the room a serene appearance. Vadim carefully laid his princess in her crib, not wanting to wake her up.

"Sweet dreams, my beautiful Karina." He whispered, while softly stroking her hair. In that moment he felt like the happiest man on earth.

Suddenly the moment was interrupted by the vibration of his phone. Vadim quickly walked out of the room, leaving the door ajar, before he picked up the phone.

"Vadim." He heard his sister cry. She seemed upset, alerting Vadim.

"What's going on Ana?" he asked his sister, concern lacing in voice. A frown made it's way on his forehead, as he thought about all the possible thing that could upset his sister.

"It's Dimitri." She whispered, sounding heartbroken. A image appeared in his mind of his sister's eyes filled with tears. It pained his heart to see his sister so upset, but on the other hand he felt relieved. Something was wrong with Dimitri, not his sister or nephew.

"He's in the hospital, Vadim. He might die."