7

It was dark, he couldn't see anything. His head hurted and he heard vague voices in the back ground. Dimitri was laying in the hospital bed. It had been 2 days since the accident and he still hadn't woken up.

Nickolai and Anastasia were sitting in the room. Nickolai sat on his father's bed, as Anastasia stood at his bed post. Vadim on the other hand, was standing outside, as he received some bad news.

"Boss, we searched Dimitri's car and phone." Alexei said, looking at Vadim.

"What did you find?" Vadim asked. He wanted to find out what had happened, Dimitri was a good driver. How was it even possible he would suddenly crash into a tree?

"His car was totally fine, nobody messed with it." Alexei told him. Vadim was surprised to hear that. He suspected that somebody had messed with Dimitri's car. He thought that it had been a try to assassinate Dimitri.

"Although we found something weird on his phone..." Alexei hesitated slightly, he really didn't want to continue. He didn't want to face his boss's wrath. "He made a phone call just before he crashed."

Vadim gave him a frustrated look "Just tell me who called him, Alexei."

Alexei took a deep breath before he answered "He called Leonardo Martínez."

"He what?!" Vadim exclaimed. Anger was running through his veins and his vision became red. He instantly turned around, walking through the corridor.

He entered Dimitri's room with a look bang, making everybody look up, including a very awake Dimitri.

"Uncle, look! Daddy has woken up." Nickolai said, his voice filled with excitement. He was sitting on his father's lap, while Dimitri leaned against the hospital bed, which now stood in a sitting position.

Anastasia looked Vadim in the eyes, gulping when she saw the anger inside his light blue eyes.

"I'm going to kill you!" He shouted, stomping towards Dimitri, who now looked as white as a sheet. Dimitri quickly pushed Nickolai behind him, scared of what was to come.

Anastasia quickly ran towards Vadim, hugging him. "Please don't hurt him." She whispered. Vadim looked down to see his little sister, she looked up at him with tears in her eyes.

"Please Vadim." She whispered again, tears now rolling down her cheeks. This made Vadim calm down and hug his little sister back. There was nothing more important in this cold world than family. He just couldn't see his sister cry, he had promised their parents.

He pulled away, looking at his sister. Luckily she had calmed down a bit.

"Anastasia, I need to talk to you." Vadim told his sister in a soft tone, trying not to upset her any further.

The siblings made their way outside the hospital room, leaving Dimitri and Nickolai in peace. As soon as Vadim heard the door close behind them, he turned around.

"Anastasia, you have to understand." He began, "I have to punish Dimitri..."

"Please don't." She whispered in a defeated voice, followed by a long silence. Both the siblings were lost in their own thoughts.

"Were you involved, sister?" Vadim asked her. Did his own sister betray him? Would she really work together with the enemy? It broke his cold heart, thinking about the possibility.

"What? No... what are you even talking about." Vadim sighed, the confusion in his sister confirmed that she truly wasn't involved. This meant that he only needed to deal with his brother-in-law, the traitor.

"Anastasia, you are my sister, I want you to know the truth." He felt a heavy weight on his shoulders, he knew this was going to crush her. Could he do this to his little sister?

Yes, Anastasia deserved the truth..

"Dimitri betrayed our family."

"No." She simply answered, shaking her head in disbelieve. This couldn't be true, there must have been a mistake...

"It's true, just before the car crash Dimitri called Leonardo Martínez." A lone tear rolled down her cheeks, as she heard that name. The man she hated with passion... the man that had broken her heart many years ago.

"Why would he do that?" She whispered as another tear rolled down her face.

"He needs to be punished, Ana. He betrayed us... you." Vadim said, making Anastasia burst out in tears.

Vadim quickly pulled Anastasia in a hug, as she began sobbing. He didn't want to see his little sister hurt, but this had to happen.

"I'm sorry, Anastasia..."