14

"How did you let it happen, Vadim?" Dimitri shouted at him, standing on the other side of the dining room. Vadim had let him free after the incident that happened an hour ago. His 6 year old nephew saw him murder someone. It wasn't suppose to happen, a nanny was watching over him, but apparently he slipped away. Now he had put the nannies and an extra security team on both Nickolai and Karina, to make sure nothing else would happen to them today. Literally everything had gone to shit today, there was no way in Vadim's mind that it could have gone worse.

He had killed the mother of his child, he had let his brother-in-law be harmed to the point he could hardly stand - Vadim looked up at the crutches holding Dimitri up - and to top it all off his sister had gone to who knows where, nobody knew where she was. He had put almost all his resources into finding Anastasia, he had lots of enemies and for all he knew someone could have kidnapped her. Although he did doubt it, after her being so adamant on leaving the day before.

"I told you he got away, the nanny was watching him. I didn't know." He shouted back, fed up with Dimitri's attitude. Vadim knew he fucked up, but still he wasn't going to let him talk to him like that. He was the one in charge and Dimitri would have to deal with that.

"Are you sure you don't know where Anastasia is?" Vadim asked again, looking at Dimitri.

"No, I don't"

"How can I know you are not lying? You betrayed me before." Vadim stated, unsure whether to trust him.

"Yeah, but then my wife's safety wasn't a concern. Now it is." Dimitri turned around, struggling a bit due to the crutches, "Now if you don't mind, I am going to my son. See how bad the trauma is." Dimitri said bitterly. He wasn't too concerned for his wife, Anastasia always knew how to manage herself. He was sure there was a good reason she had left and felt confident she would return safely.

As he walked out of the door, Alexei passed him walking into the room. Dimitri cringed, thinking about the beating and torture this man had put him through, all to get to know where Anastasia was. But he didn't know where she was, if only they had trusted him when he said he didn't know. He would have been with his son and Nickolai would have never had to witness the horror he had.

As Alexei walked into the room he threw the files on the table, making Vadim walk towards them and look what was inside.

"Manchester?" Vadim stated, looking at the files disclosing that his sister had taken a flight from Russia airport to Manchester. Of course it wasn't with her real name, but Vadim had managed to gather all her fake names and information on them over ghe years. So he was certain that it was his sister.

"She took the flight early in the morning, but please look at the other file. It might surprise you." Alexei told his boss, unsure of how Vadim would react to the news.

"Manuel? That traitor, he took a flight earlier than her?" Vadim asked in disbelief. That guy had ran away from his duties, when his parents died. Before that he had always watched over his sister, even when she traveled the world for 4 years after her 19th birthday. But when his parents died, he had disappeared from the radar, probably afraid that Vadim would torture him, or even worse kill. After all, the guy held his little sister hidden, when Vadim had specifically asked him to return Anastasia to him. He was happy that the guy kept Anastasia safe, but not listening to what Vadim had commanded him was a big crime.

"I am afraid that they might be up to something together." Alexei told his boss.

"I don't have the power or allies to properly go searching for her in the UK, especially when she is using a fake name." Vadim stated, not specifically talking to Alexei. He was just stating the facts, on his own he would never find her.