Chapter 1: Sparring and Fighting

A/N: A special thanks to QueensGambit for BETA reading! I do not G.I. Joe, just the plot (that's not part of the movies, comics, or tv shows) and my OCs.

{**}

"Alright, because of my recent injuries I will not be involved in your exercises. So, to keep the number of people even, I asked Snake Eyes to join and help," Scarlett informed the group. She gingerly rubbed her stomach where bandages hid the bullet wounds.

The class tried to keep a straight face and not show how scared they were to be paired off with the mysterious ninja. As said ninja walked through, she gave the order to pair up. She looked to her left to see one of the grunts standing off to the side, staring at the coupled people. He realized that he was stuck in a position he did not want to be in.

"Jemmerson," Scarlett called, when he looked at her, she continued, "you're with Snake Eyes." He paled, but got into position like the rest of his comrades.

"First form... ONE! TWO! STRIKE!" She looked over her students' form and called out instructions to better their stance. As her attention came to Jemmerson and Snake Eyes, she narrowed her eyes.

"JEMMERSON! What kind of a punch is that?!"

"Sorry, ma'am," he called back, and continued.

When Scarlett gave the command, he threw a real punch and managed to land a hit on Snake Eyes, who had lost interest in the man. Jemmerson seemed to jump out of his skin when his fists connected with the masked man.

"Is there something wrong Jemmerson?" Scarlett walked over to the two and looked Jemmerson straight in the eyes.

He gulped in fear. "No ma'am," he choked out.

"Come together," she ordered. Everybody huddled in front of her. "Since Jemmerson can't handle making a decent punch why don't we switch up partners?" She looked around to the grunts who had the same fear as before written on their faces. "Who would like to be Snake Eyes' partner?"

When she finished saying that, all of the grunts took a simultaneous step back, except for one girl. She was about average height, with platinum blonde hair and striking light blue eyes. She stared wide-eyed at Scarlett, then looked back to the rest of the group. It dawned on her that she just got volunteered.

"Damn it," she murmured as she looked to the ground.

"Temper," Scarlett started, "you'll be Snake Eyes' partner. The rest of you switch partners and get ready to start again."

The girl, Temper, walked over to Snake Eyes and stood in front of him. She looked at him, speculating what he was hiding under the mask. He cocked his head a little to the side, wondering what she was thinking. I'm sure he has a good reason to hide, she thought to herself. At her notion, she smiled at him, which he found perplexing.

"Let's starts again!" Scarlett shouted.

They all got into position. Snake Eyes watched the young lady in front of him, noticing how flawless her stance was. Temper spoke up after going through a few different forms, but not loud enough for Scarlett to hear.

"You are mute, yes?" she asked. Snake Eyes was not sure how to answer this as it was not accurate, he nodded in response anyway. "So, you should know sign language?" Once again he nodded. "Okay then."

They continued the drill until the class was over and she hit the showers. Scarlett came over to him, "How was she?"

Good.

"Really?"

You seem surprised.

"She slacks off and doesn't pay attention," she said, almost angrily.