To take Lucius' spot?

"How can I?" asked Severus confused and full of more questions. Should he tell Violet? DOES he like Violet? Would he even be ABLE to take Lucius' spot? "Why does this have to be so complicated? Why can't anything be simple?" Severus stood up to go to the only place that always calms him down, the potions classroom. When he got there he smelled the comforting smells of herbs and the distinct medicinal smell. "Ah, my top student! How are you my boy?" Professor Slughorn bellowed his greeting. "I am well sir, just here to think some things through." replied Severus feeling better already being surrounded by the Familiar smells of potions, and the coldness of the dungeon like room. "Alright, if you have any questions feel free to ask me." Said his eccentric Potions teacher as he sat down at his desk. "Thank you sir" was all Severus said as he took his seat at the front of the class. After a long while Severus is still looking at a question he started 10 minutes ago, Professor Slughorn had noticed this "Is everything alright Severus?" Severus jumped a bit at the sudden sound in the silent room "Oh! Y-Yes sir. It's just this question is a little hard." Slughorn didn't believe this little lie and Severus knew it "Alright... I'm trying to answer some questions that keep nagging at my brain." Severus explained while pushing his homework away and holding his face on his fingertips. "It is quite confusing and downright impossible." Professor Slughorn looked taken aback by this "Impossible? For one of Hogwarts' top students?! I think not, let me help you Severus Maybe together we'll figure this out."