Y/n pov

Don't fall

Lilly can't fall and I knew that Taehyung wouldn't be able to get to her in time, so I spread my arms out wide. I aimed myself to where Lilly was falling.

I caught her.

But the impact was no little stumble or fall. I went flying back from all the force. Grabbing Lilly I put my arms around her and held on tight. To me, that was the best decision even if that meant I would get a little hurt.

I didn't know Lilly was out of my arms until I heard her voice.

"Mommy... are you ok"
Lilly questioned with her voice full of worry.

I quickly got up immediately stumbling over my feet feeling dizzy. Shaking my head I told myself I can't fall right now.

"Don't worry Mommy is fine."
I said giving her my brightest smile.

"Mommy you're hurt... and it's my fault"
She said sadly looking down at the ground.

That hurt my heart. I didn't want her to feel that way. It hurts me when she isn't smiling.

"Look Mommy is completely fine. These are just tiny scratches. They don't hurt one bit"
I laughed.

I reached down and pulled Lilly up in the air.

'It hurts'
I thought.

She started to laugh when I spun her around. It's worth it to get hurt if I see her laughing like this. Eventually, I had to put her down.

"See Mommy is fine"
I tried to give her my most convincing smile.

What I didn't notice was the pair of eye's staring at me. The owner of those eyes knew all along I was not fine.

After the little incident, we decided to head back home with the company of Taehyung. He insisted on coming with us saying that we shouldn't walk home alone. I was limping almost all the way home. Whenever Lilly turned around to face me I pretended to walk normally even if it hurt really badly.

Again I didn't notice that a special someone was looking at me the whole time.

We finally arrived at our destination.

"Tae I want you to come and eat dinner with us"
Lilly said.

"I'll only go if it's ok with your Mom"
He stated.

"You can come"
I sighed in defeat.

"Yay! Mommy is the best"

She and Taehyung high-fived each other celebrating their victory. I don't know why they were celebrating, but they looked cheerful, so I let it be.

As we walked in Lilly took the hand of Taehyung and led him to the living room. I followed slowly behind them.

"What are you going to make for dinner Mommy"
Lilly asked.

"It's going to be a surprise"
I giggled.

I put on a movie for Lilly and Taehyung to watch. I didn't think Taehyung would appreciate me putting on a kid's movie but it seems like I was wrong. He seemed to enjoy the movie.

'Cute'
I thought.

Making sure that they were paying complete attention to the movie I slowly made my way to my bedroom. I could finally relax and take a breather. I didn't want to cry in front of her.

"It hurts"
I said to myself.

My back was facing the door I didn't bother closing. I let a tear fall down my face as the pain was finally starting to get to me.

"Are you ok"
He asked.

I wiped my tears and without turning around I asked

"Is Lilly still in the living room"

"Yeah I just wanted to check up on you"
He sounded worried but that could just be me making things up.

I turned around.

"I'm fine you can go back to Lilly now"
I looked down.

He came closer to me and looked down.

"Liar"
He said.

I twitched when he said that. It's as if he took all of my strength with just one word. I couldn't even say anything knowing myself I did lie. I wasn't fine but I had to be fine for Lilly.

As if he read my mind he started telling me something

"It's ok not to feel fine"

I hadn't heard that in a while or maybe even ever and it touched me deeply.

"Thank you"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Author pov

It's been a couple of days since Christmas past but...

Merry Christmas

Keep reading...