I - His Return

HIS RETURN

AUDREY

There's a heavy breathing around the corner I hide, and I realize it's my own. I cup both hands over my nose and mouth, and shrink back against the wall trying to make myself small. There's nowhere to hide, nowhere to run. They are everywhere, surrounding the entire estate. He's come bombarding the place, dominating it with his presence. I managed to escape, had the luck to run and hide. But I know he saw me. His eyes locked right into mine the minute he burst through the heavy gate doors. I felt the heated glare of his stare burn cigarette holes down my back as I ran inside for safety just as I sensed the bad coming to do us wrong.

There's heavy footsteps nearing from the hall. Hot tears fall free and I screw them shut, pushing closer to the wall, wishing it could just swallow me up whole. He walks in the room like he owns it. The powerful aura around him dominating the air I breathe. Through the veil of tears, I see his menacing grey eyes single glance the room before disappearing back into the hall. My hands fall freely to my sides and a sigh of relief melts from my lips.

Wrong move.

His harsh gaze lands on me and I let out a shriek, scooting farther back inside the child fit hiding space. Tears spill from my eyes as he nears. He's big, though the built of his body incapable of fitting through the tiny space I managed to crawl through. But he's powerful, his strength capable of denting the two walls apart to fit his arms. His large hand clasps around my ankle and roughly jerks me to him. I scream out loudly as I begin to struggle against his powerful grip. But he's a man twice my size.

He grunts as he struggled to take control of my flaring legs. I'm weak and I know it, so when I grow tired of my struggles and grow limp in his arms, I begin to wail, and it's not a pretty sight to see. Big fat tears roll down my cheeks and snot comes running out my nose. There's pressure applied to my neck, the added weight only causing me to weep harder.

He pets my hair softly as black dots blind my vision. I'm breathing heavily, my heart racing as fear consumes my mind. I'm falling deep and I know it, but there's nothing I could do. My body seems to fail me, along with my mind. It all grows numb, and sooner or later I'm knocked right into the state of unconsciousness. Only his words haunting my sleep.

"You're safe now, mio amore. Let's go home."