Chapter 6- A lesson in history

<POV- Michael>

I woke up the next day to the busy, yet quiet islanders bustling about cooking breakfasts, crafting new tools, and making any minor repairs that might have been needed from the storm's damage. Even though the entire village was active, it was still very quiet due to their not being masses of people there to begin with.

I stood up, walking out to the "town square". At least, it'd be the place to set a square up seeing as it was the village center and it was the most active. Iris was playing with a group of children with Phil. He was entertaining them by shooting himself into the air via explosive jumps.

The older kids were out picking apples, harvesting wheat, carrots and potatoes.

"Having a good stay my friend?" the jolly Arram slapped his arm around my shoulder as I took in the scenery. He was one of the younger of the elders, and a very knowledgeable one of the island.

"Indeed I am!" I said. "In fact, my friend Iris and I are thinking of making our stay permanent!"

Arram suddenly got a joyful expression on his face, then pushed me aside. "No, are you not joking?" the big man smiled widely.

"No jokes here! This is an amazing place," I looked out at the rising sun. I estimated it to be about seven in the morning.

"Indeed! I am happy for you both! But you are surely joking when you call Iris your 'friend', am I right?" he nudged me with his elbow.

I chuckled, then looked over at Iris. She was wearing a loose style, cyan shirt with blue skinny jeans and purple laced, black converse shoes. Her black, silky hair was neatly braided together, and slung over one shoulder. She must have borrowed the new clothes from one of the island women, or one of them made it for her. Maybe she made them herself... Or even had them in one of her many Ender chests...

Iris' beautiful blue-green, thin pupil eyes' gaze suddenly fell on my own eyes. She smiled, and I returned the gesture.

"Hah hah!" Arram exclaimed. "You see? Only true love gives looks like that!"

"Okay, okay, so maybe something's going on here..." I laughed then nudged him back. He probably didn't even feel it though he's such a large guy. Mostly muscle, but he's a jolly giant. Oh right, Iris and I met him last night in the town restaurant. Anyways...

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask: how did your people come to be residents of this island?"

"Well, it started off as a band of five, brave and powerful players. The men in this group were by name: Arius, Orion, Nishten, Zechaadius, and Darius. They were warriors who vowed to do everything in their abilities to bring a time of peace. For some time they did, but at a great cost," Arram told the tale.

"Arius? There's that name again..." I said. Deep down, I just know that it was somehow linked to me.

"You have heard the name before? Yes, Arius was the most famous of the five friends. He interceded for the Enderkinds. This would be the Enders, Enderlings, and Endermen. The Enders being the mighty End dragons, the Enderlings being people like your 'friend' Iris there," at this point he winked at me as he gestured in her direction. "And the Endermen, of course, being the night walkers among the demonic mobs. Although Endermen hold no real fierceness against humans, they have bitterness towards us for the Ender Wars."

"Yes, Arius pleaded with the Creator to not destroy the Enderkind. He even requested that humankind be punished just as much as them. However, the dragons were greatly reduced, Endermen would only come out at night because they were hunted for their pearls still, and Enderlings were feared most of all, and also hunted down," I summed up the negative part of the story.