Chapter 2

I woke up that next morning, I was sore, I was in nothing but pain. I got out of bed and went ot go to the phone in my kitchen, I had to call into work as I would be fired for missing work, my boss was a complete jerk. I waited as the phone Rang, and rang, and rang. "Hello? How can I help you today?" I sighed deeply as I knew how this was going to go.

"Hey Daniel, I cant make it into work today I feel horrible and I can barely move, I'm sorry." I herd him sigh in anger, I herd something clicking in the background and my brows furred in confusion. "Fine, but you are to report to me the SECOND you get back to work. Do you understand me Marianne?" I responded 'yes' to him and hung up, I went to stove and boiled some water, I was going to make Hot cocoa. I filled the kettle and walked to the stove and started to boil the water. I sighed I knew this was going to be a bit. Walking back to my room I turned on the TV and seen The Golden Girls where still on so I settled in. I got comfortable I knew I had about a good ten to twenty minutes for the water to boil.

{*10 minutes later*}

I finished making my hot cocoa and walked to my bedroom and sat down, Blowing on the cocoa to cool it down I took a sip, I sighed and relaxed into my bed and looked at the TV, I took a few sips and paused, the jingle of bells could be herd from the kitchen, I put down my cocoa and laid back down, I pretended to be asleep, the jingles got closer to the room, and then stopped in the doorway. "I know you aren't sleeping doll, stop pretending or I'll dump this cocoa on you." I refused to get up, I was calling his bluff. I knew I shouldn't but I was. the bells jingled violently and I was ripped from my bed, I yelped and squeezed my eyes shut. I opened one eye and seen the clown staring at me curiously "...Fear" my eyes widened as he moved quickly to the other side of my room and opened the window "Where are you going bro? and put me down!" I was dropped onto the floor as I couldn't hold myself up for dear life I watched as he jumped out the window and vanished into thin air leaving a red balloon in my room. "Curious..." Standing up I got dressed, I had to go to the store. I took some ibuprofen and took a deep breath, I had to walk everywhere as I didn't have a car, or bike. I was too concerned with bills, and food.

I walked out my house and down a few blocks to the store, I needed to get a few things. I was enjoying the day out as my bruises had calmed down enough to let me walk normally, Listening I herd bikes, a group of kids where riding around, I smiled and waved at them, they waved back and continued on. about five minutes later I had reached the store, finally. I walked in and just cruised around the store enjoying my day off, picking up items I needed here and there. suddenly I herd a conversation from behind the aisle I was in.. So I listened..

"Alright, what's our next move? because I'm not down to fight that fucking clown!" I paused as I wondered what clown, I began walking to the aisle they where in "I don't know but did you hear one of Henry's goons went missing..." I walked into the next aisle and they all looked at me "That clown you are talking about... I think it's following me around..." they all looked at me curiously "Is it like 7 feet tall and fire orange hair?" I nodded my head and they sighed "It followed me home yesterday and attacked me but it refused to kill me?" Their eyes widened, and dragged me close to them "That's really strange, I'd be careful might be using you as bait." I backed up and nervously chuckled "Great..." They looked at me sorrowfully and left the aisle while I stood there, I watched in the ceiling mirror as a red balloon floated up behind me, I turned around fast as there he stood "Oh, come on now doll, I'd stay away from them" I lost all my words and just backed up "Lairs can infect your head.. HA HA" Suddenly he god-sped down the aisle and I ran as fast as I could out the store, and down the street, I didn't need food that badly.

As I was speed-walking back to my house the sound of bikes could be heard from behind me and stopped "Hey lady! are you okay? you ran out of the store like a madman!" I spun around tears in my eyes "I'm fine, it's just that fucking clown! he torments me! everything I do he watches, waiting for me to make a mistake!" tears pouring out of my eyes I turned around and began walking home once again "We're trying to destroy it, y'know?" Stopping in my tracks I looked back at them "How?" They looked at each other and shrugged "We plan on walking into its den and killing it. Everything is killable. nothing is immortal." I laughed and waved at them "I wish you guys luck then!"

{*10 Minutes later*}

I was sitting on my couch watching 'The Devil' it was a horror film but it seemed interesting so here I was. it was about 5p.m. I was wrapped up in a blanket and had a cup of cocoa next to me "What a scary movie doll, almost as scary as those kids you keep talking too." I turned my head, and there he was this clown "You know its rude, I don't even know your name" he paused. and them held his face in a dramatic way "Well how rude of me! I'm Pennywise the Dancing Clown!" I chuckled a little and he snapped his head my way "Something funny?" I looked him in the eyes "No, I think its 'cutesy' sounding." I burst out laughing and the clown hovered over me his eyes golden "Calm down man I'm joking with you, never heard of jokes?" I knew I caught him by surprise "Jokes?" I smiled "Sit down I'll explain it."