Sleeping Around

I ripped away from Soda's grasp and went to our room since we were on the couch. Pulling on a long sleeve shirt, I pulled on some jeans and put my shoes on. The excruciating pain in my body was making my movements regretful.

"Where are you going?" Soda asked while walking into the room.

"Well I'm not going to some broads house if that's what you're thinking," I spat.

"Now don't get mad at me Steve-" he started out with anger.

"You believed him Soda!" I yelled, pushing past him to grab my keys off the counter,"and on top of that, you decided to take your anger out on me by throwing me to the floor!"

He took my shoulders and made me face him,"you know I didn't do that on purpose-"

"But I do know that you believed him. How could you think that?" The anger in my voice faded, leaving it to break. Tears welled up in my eyes for a second before being burned away with anger.

"I... I don't know okay? It was stupid of me to."

"Why were you even talking to him? When did you guys meet up? Should I be thinking that you're cheating on me with him now?" My voice began to rise again.

"Now that's silly Steve, he's not even gay-"

I cut him off once again,"are you implying that if he was gay then you'd sleep with him?"

"Now you're just twisting my words, no I would not sleep with him, happy now?" He said with irritation.

"Just leave me alone and go fuck him, I don't care anymore," I whimpered, leaving the apartment with a broken heart.

-

I didn't know where I was going until I found myself at their doorstep while grasping my ribs in pain.

I was at Buck's, searching for Dally.

Knocking on the door, an annoyed Buck opened it,"What'dya want?" A cigarette was hanging from the side of his mouth, just waiting to be lit.

"I need Dally and I'm not asking," he rolled his eyes and yelled for Dally back inside.

A few seconds pass by when Dally shows up with Two-Bit at his side.

"Steve wha-"

"Mike told Soda he saw me cheat on Soda with a broad," I sobbed out,"Soda believed him! How could he do that? I accused him of screwing Mike a-and-" I couldn't breath I was sobbing so hard.

"Alright alright, come in before you freeze to death," he and Two-Bit lead me upstairs while I tried to control my breathing.

I sat on the bed and Dal sat next to me, rubbing my back soothingly.

"So first off, you shouldn't be out of the apartment in your condition, second of all, what happened?" Two handed me a glass of what I think was water and went back downstairs so I could have a private talk with Dal.

I breath in,"Soda and I were laying down and he asked if I was cheating on him. I-I said no and asked why would he think that. He said h-he was out with Mike and Mike told him that he saw me cheating on Soda. I-I don't know why he was with M-Mike but our argument went on and then I yelled should I be thinking that he was cheating on me with Mike and it got even more heated. He got irritated and I stupidly said just leave m-me alone and g-go fuck him, I don't care anymore. Then I came here looking for you because I couldn't s-stand being in the apartment with him," I stuttered out, more tears falling.

Dallas didn't say or do anything, he just sat there with wide and confused yet angry eyes.

"I-I don't know why he would believe him, he barely knows the guy... why would he believe him Dally? Why?" I took my head in my hands, trying to stop my brain from throbbing so hard.

Dally got up and went into some sort of room but came back, handing me pills and handing me the cup that I had set down next to me.

"Here, it'll help with the headache, looks like you're gonna explode... and I don't know why Pepsi-Cola would believe him. Mike is a filthy, dirty liar. You're such a great guy and you wouldn't lie to Soda unless you absolutely had to. Like with the Mike thing. But I know for sure you wouldn't cheat on him. I can't see why he doesn't know that either..." his voice dropped and all I could hear was a ringing in my ears that was not pleasant at all.

"You should get some rest, you can stay here for the night. It's only-" he looks at the clock,"only 6pm. You could go somewhere but I wouldn't recommend actually doing so. I'll be downstairs if you need anything, Two-bit and I will check up on you in a few hours or so."

He stood up and walked out of the room, leaving me with my thoughts. My dangerous thoughts.

Dallas is acting so different, usually he'd just not care or something. He's changed from what I remember. Or he just really hates this Mike guy. He never used to be so caring, when he talked to me, his voice was so soft as if he talked any harsher then I'd break or something.

I laid down on the bed, carefully climbing under the blankets. I closed my eyes, wishing that today and yesterday were only a dream.

I wished we'd never gotten those tattoos. I wished Soda and I's argument was a dream. I wished Mike threatening and beating me was only a dream. I wished that Soda didn't accuse me of cheating, and that it was only a dream.

I wished that I was asleep in his arms at this very moment, merely seconds of just waking up and kissing him on his lips, waiting for him to awake just so I could look into his beautiful eyes and never lose sight of them again.

But no. This is my reality. In my reality, I sat in that chair, staring at the devil himself giving me a heartbeat tattoo. In my reality, my lover pulled me to the ground either by accident or purposely. In my reality, I was beaten like never before. In my reality, Soda might just be cheating on me with Mike.

And in my reality, I'm laying on a filthy bed, practically dying just above a dirty bar with no one to tell me that everything is going to be okay. That everything is going to be just fine. No one is here to tell me that they love me and we're going to have a future together with a ring and a church.

No one.

And right now in my reality, I feel like the heartbeat tattoo was the wrong choice... because my heart doesn't feel like it can beat for much longer...