Clouds

Sorry for not updating for awhile, been busy with school and didn't really have any inspiration•

"Baby, wake up. I'm going to work," I open my tired eyes to see my lover dressed for work.

I sit up but immediately regret it as I grasp my ribs as they ache harshly.

"Whoa be careful, take it easy Stevie. You're not going today, I'm sending over Pony and Johnny to take care of you since they don't have school today. Two-Bit is taking me to work so don't worry, I have it all covered," he gives me a grin and kisses my forehead.

I force out a smile and say goodbye as he leaves. When he's gone, I groan out in pain and annoyance.

Hanging my legs over the bed, my feet touch the dark blue carpet once I stand up.

-
I stand by the balcony, staring up at the clouds. Just wondering if I'll ever be able to get rid of the weight on my shoulders. It was weighing me down and if I kept it all in for any longer, I might just sink into the ground.

The clouds were a pinkish color, though the white was rapidly turning it into day clouds instead of dawn clouds.

It was a sight beautiful enough to take your breath away.

-

A knock was heard on the door and I get up from my spot on the couch to open it.

Opening the door, Johnny and Pony stand there happily. I move aside and let them in, asking if they were hungry or thirsty.

"So how've you been? What happened?" Pony asked.

My smile faltered a bit,"I-Ive been okay, just some guy at the DX decided to get violent..."

Johnny shared a glance with Ponyboy before speaking up.

"Steve, I'm gonna be honest with you, Soda also told us to do something besides take care of you when he sent us..."

"Oh really?" I crossed my arms.

"U-um... he wanted us to find out who it was that jumped you," Johnny cowered a bit as if I were gonna yell. Instead, I just started laughing even though it hurt.

"Thank you Johnny, thank you for telling me that."

He shrugged,"I-I really don't think it's right to go behind your significant others back just to get information. If it were about something else then okay but I can tell you didn't tell him for a reason and you're gonna keep that reason to yourself."

I smiled at Johnny's thoughtfulness. Pony is so lucky to have him by his side.

"Damn Pony, you caught yourself a real good one," I chuckled and he joined in.

"He's a real looker too," Pony added and Johnny nudged him with embarrassment.

-

Throughout the day, we just watched movies and talked about good recent things like how Ponyboy won first place at a track meet and Johnny embarrassed him in front of his teammates by kissing him.

"My friends just-" Pony was interrupted by a knock on the door and I excused myself to go see who it was.

"Two-Bit? Hey bud," I smiled and let him walk in. He took off his jacket and hung it on the coat rack while greeting me.

I led him to the couch and we all started talking again like he was there the whole time.

"Hey Two, thanks for taking Soda to work this morning, helped big time," my stomach dropped when he gave me a confused look.

The room went silent as I spoke,"this morning? You did take him this morning... didn't you?" He shook his head no.

I was full of emotions. Full of questions. Who took him? Dally? Darry? ...Mike?

"Uh oh... I'll go get the car started," Two got up and left.

My eye twitched, then my nose, then my hand. Anger flooded throughout my body.

"Are you okay Steve?" Johnny asked with fear.

I nodded, standing up from the couch. I was quick to put on my shoes and grab my keys. Pone and Johnny did the same.

-

As we pulled into the DX station, I jumped out of the car and stormed inside. Soda smiled then it dropped as he seen my face.

"Wha-"

"You lied to me! Who dropped you off this morning?!" I screamed.

"Calm down, it was Two-"

"Bullshit, he's the one who took me here after he visited. Who was it?" I growled.

"Fine it was Mike, why does it matter?"

"I told you to stay away from him, why didn't you listen?! You promised me!"

"You can't tell me what to do Steve, what's so wrong with having Mike drop me off?" He started to raise his voice.

(As I was reading this over, I seen "Mike drop" and I started dying with laughter. It's a BTS song that I love.)

"Everything is wrong with it! He's in a gang! He's gonna kill me within a month! Stay away!" I screamed, tears beginning to rise.

Sodas face paled,"w-what?"

I wanted to run. To get out of there. But my legs were glued to the ground, knowing that if I ran, I'd still have to face him. The room was dead silent and it was killing me. My anxiety was bursting and sobs were clawing their way up my throat but I refused to let them be heard.

"What did you just say?" He started walking forwards, making me flinch as he drew closer.

That's when realization dawned on me. I just put his life in danger by telling him.

Tears welled up but I blinked them away. I've cried enough. Crying doesn't help any situation. Especially not this one.

"Soda, just..." I didn't know what to say. Everything in my head was screaming and I couldn't understand. I had no clue what to say. Do I tell him the truth or do I keep him in the dark until this passes over?

"I don't know what to say, okay? I don't know. It's too complicated yet so simple. I don't know how to explain it," I sighed, my voice going back to its original volume.

"You agreed to tell me everything, when are you going to? Five years from now? Maybe never. At the beginning of this relationship we promised no secrets. But you're lying to me and yourself. Just go. If you can't talk to your own boyfriend, then don't bothering coming to see me. Don't bother calling either." With that, he headed towards the back room and then I was left alone in the station.

It's funny how he turned the tables on me just now. He's lied to me many times in our relationship and he has a right to say that to me?

But... I was just trying to protect him... I didn't want him to get hurt... even if I can't be with him, I want him safe and secure. Is it wrong that I lied to keep him safe? Should I have told him the truth?

I fucked up real bad... didn't I?