"Reality Check"

Israel P.O.V

The house looked filthy as usual, it was bowls of half eaten food, waffles hiding in between the couch cushions and a distasteful smell of cigarette and mildew "mom I'm gone" I yelled throwing my coat on "no you not Israel how many times do I tell you to clean up and watch Aiden" I sighed watching the little rascal run around with a waffle in between his fist.

"Aiden you can watch yourself, take care of Mommy" I had said before leaving the house. Growing up in Baltimore is hard but just like any nigga from here I had grew tough skin. I didn't have to do what I do cause my moms had it and my pops did to but, I didn't want to be depending on them for nothing. What can I say? I'm a go getter, ambiguous nigga...shit I don't know.

"Izzy, man how you doing?" Frank had asked as he digg into his big box which was probably clothes he had stolen off the truck "I'm fine..wassup, Frank" I said raising my brow "nothing..how little man doing?" He was kinda taking to long in that box of his so, I had placed my hands on my scrap. Ready for anything this wild cat had under his sleeves.

He noticed my hand resting on my thigh "chill man...I had got lil man sum" he pulled out a small adida fit "aw how much?" I said grabbing the fit examining it for any rips tears or tracking device.

"It's on the house" I slowly looked up "Oh for r-" He pushes the gun barrel to my temple "I suggest you keep your pretty lil self off these streets little nigga" I had bit down on my lips looking at him from the corner of my eye "so you gon shoot me?" I had asked watching the teenagers get on the school bus, somewhere I should of been but here I was roaming the streets and got myself caught in something I don't have any control of.

"Of course....not, you making us old cats look like fools up in these street" a chuckled had escaped from my lips.

"Maybe it's time for y'all to die out" I said darkly as I quickly shoved the pocket knife into his side, I slowly twisted it watching him slowly drop to the ground.

He whimpered trying to reach for his semi-automatic but I placed my heel on top of the pistol dragging it my way "see I knew your punk ass wanted my head, every time I came out you watched my every move hoping for me to slip up" he shook his head having snot running down his nose "don't no me bitch!" I yelled picking the gun up off the ground about to blow his head off until I heard a sound that was way to familiar to me.

"Why would anyone want to hurt or kill this poor old guy?" I scrunched my face up hearing my mother's current boyfriend voice, Bernard. "You going to kill your girl son" I said in disbelief "you ain't none of my blood" he said cocking his gun.

I quickly jumped up out  of my king size bed "Israel breakfast!" I rolled over in bed scratching my legs out.

As if in cue Aiden had ran into my bedroom holding on to his blanket as usual. "Brata, Mommy" he said with his high pitched voice.

I groaned lifting up out the bed. This specific dream had me paranoid every since my home boy scoota got shot at the skating ring.

"Israel James!" I huffed sliding my basketball shorts on, stepping into my black nike slides. Every since my pops went away my moms been trying to have these little family things and to be honest with you I think the idea is stupid.

I picked Aiden up walking us both down the stairs "Hey son" Bernard had greeted to whoever cause I sholl' wasn't his son "Good-morning mama" I said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

She had swatted me in my head causing me to raise my brow "What I do now?" I asked as she pulled away from me "Tell Mister Bernard hey" I gave her a 'are you stupid or dumb look'.