Strikes 3, you out 2.0

𝕽𝖊𝖈𝖆𝖕 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖆𝖘𝖙 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗

Raven

I leaned back in the chair  rubbing my forehead "you want to know how you can help stop this fuckary?!" Emily said while lifting out of the hospital bed "how I'm going to help please elaborate" she leaned over that if she leans anymore she would fall into my lap "Kill em".

"K-Kill him?" I stuttered while looking into her eyes "That's the only way we can live our lives stress-free I mean you said it yourself you want this to end for good" I watched Emily lean back into the hospital bed grunting.

I opened my mouth to speak before looking over at Emily again "Izzy, Chris, Dray, YG, Kirko, and more blood can be in your hands, or August's blood only can be in your hands" she starts "Emily I-I can't do that too..." my sentence was cut off from the loud sound of an alarm going off "code silver code silver I repeat!" A nurse warned on the intercom.

"What the fuck is a code silver !?" Emily panicked while trying to rip her IV cords out of her arm "code silver means that an active shooter is in the building".

Emily had begun to breathe heavily "what are we going to do?" I remained silent not knowing what to tell Emily. "Don't they suppose to give us a way to evacuate!"

"EMILY I DON'T FUCKING KNOW OKAY?! I DON'T KNOW!!!"

Chris

"The doctor called today, Chris" I glance back at my mother as she wiped the counters down "Chris you can't keep giving us the silent treatment" I watch my father set my old basketball down on the coffee table "why are y'all bothering me?" I spoke calmly while looking between the two. Every since I return home with my crutches I was treated like a child with a disability.

"Is it because I'm handicap? Or cause I lost my chance at playing in the homecoming game!"

"Chris we don't know that yet! Anything can"

"Anything can what? Happen...yeah you damn right about that. Next time it might be my fucking arm or maybe shit the other leg" My father shook his head in disappointment "Chris even when you were diagnosed with cancer at 5 you still did go for your dreams. Now it's like you gave up before the game even started." I watch him as he tapped my knee lifting himself from the couch.

I stood placing my crunches underneath my forearms storming out of the house.

"Chris wait!"

YG words stick to me like glue as I got into my car "how long is y'all going to be his little minions until he goes back and fuck y'all in the ass?" I reached in my pocket pulling out my phone "call YG" I looked down as the phone rang "pick up man" I mumbled.

Please leave a message for (***)-***-3912 Beep

"Ay, it's me, Chris ...call me back when you get this message" I ended the call before seeing Dray's name pop up on the phone screen "ay man wassup?"

"What isn't up? YG is getting carried out in a stretcher" my eyes widen as I turned the key in the ignition "where the fuck are you, Dray?" he took a deep breath "I'm on Beverly's" I pressed my foot down on the gas speeding down the road.

*

I pulled up to the scene watching noisy folks surrounding the basketball court. "What happened?" I asked as Dray jogged over to me "I don't know man...he told me to be here and I pulled up he was coughing up blood holding on his side" I looked down feeling anger build up inside.

"Drayton Montana?" Dray looked back as the police approached us "we going to need you to come down to the station for questioning".

Emily

I didn't want to sit and wait around any more

I didn't want to sit and wait around any more. I didn't want to depend on someone for protection or live my life in fear of being attack at any moment. It now do or become prey.

I ripped the IV cords out wincing as I wrapped my arm looking for some type of bandage to fully cover my wound. "What the hell are you doing Em?" I sighed looking over at Raven "there's a fucking 99.9% chance them shooters are looking for me...why would I sit around till they get what they want?"

I reached in the cabinet pulling out needles "look over there and see if you can find hospital socks and some gloves" she blinked "what the hell are you going to do with that?"

"My papa always told me...you can turn anything into a weapon"