Chapter 5

*Carter's POV*
*at lunch*
I can't believe it! Shawn already asked Gloria out. When I saw them walk into History,hand in hand, I was really disappointed. I thought Gloria was cute and I wanted to give her a try, but Shawn already took her away. I won't do it, I will not allow him to win this time. Forget about Gloria, I'm gonna get revenge on Shawn.

*Gloria's POV*
I am at lunch with Stephanie and Ashely. They helped me figure out the "status quo" of Toronto High. They helped me figure out who and who not to hang out with. When they found out I am dating Shawn, they gave me a worried look.

"What's so bad about that?" I asked.

"It's just that Shawn used to date a girl named Emily. It was a little bit like twilight. Shawn was Edward, and Carter was Jacob. Carter tried his best to get with Emily. I mean who wouldn't, she was pretty, thin, popular, everything a guy could ask for in a girl. In the end, she ended up dating Shawn. After a few months, Emily told everyone that Shawn cheated on her. She then moved to New York and doesn't go here anymore. So, I want you to be careful. If he can cheat on a girl that was close to perfect, what makes you think he won't cheat on you." Stephanie said.

"Not that we're saying that your ugly or anything, it's just that we really care for you and don't want you to get hurt." Ashely said with a concerned look on her face. I look over to Shawn's table. We lock eyes and he smiled at me. I put a fake smile on my face, and look back at the girls.

"Thanks guys. I'll try to be careful." I smiled at them and they returned the favor. I am scared that Shawn might cheat on me. Steph is right. Emily is skinny, I'm not. She's pretty, I'm not. She was popular, and I'm just the new girl. One half of me wants to trust Shawn, I'm just really confused.

*Shawn's POV*

I was listening to Cameron babble about one of Gloria's new friends. He is convinced that it was love at first sight. I couple of days ago I would have told him that it doesn't exist, but I met Gloria. I'm happy for Cam, he should be ready to mingle instead of staying in his room on his phone.

I feel someone looking at me and I turn around to see it's Gloria. She's sitting at a table with two girls. I smile at her, and she smiles back. I could tell the smile was fake because her eyes didn't light up like they usually do. I'll talk to her later and figure out what's going on. I join the conversation with the other guys.

Usually Carter is making some weird noise that makes everyone laugh, but he is looking down at his hands with one earphone in his ear. I wonder what's up with him. Ever since Gloria and I became a "thing", he's been acting depressed. I hope he doesn't try to break Gloria an I up or else there will be no more mister nice guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! I finally updated. I'm on summer vacation and I will try to update as much as I can. Thank you guys so much. I have over 100 reads now😱👍👌. Ik it's not very much but I'll take what I can get. Love you guys! 😘😝
Good bye my darlings. 👋✌️