Chapter 10 - Blair's POV

Tyler's word swirled in my cloudy head. Brother. Animals. Slaughter. People.

I opened my eyes and noticed the light was shining brightly through the curtains. He must've given me something strong if I slept all night. I turned my head and noticed I was alone in the bed. I moved to get up and felt a sudden tightness in my shoulders. My hands were cuffed to the bedpost on either side.

Panic mode kicked in. "Help!!!!! Help me, please, someone help me!!!"

I screamed for at least ten minutes, and finally stopped when my throat felt dangerously dry. Nobody would come save me. I would have to save myself. I looked around the room but couldn't find a clock. Judging by how bright the sun was, I determined that it had to be mid day. My guess turned out to be right. Just a few minutes passed and I heard the front door slam and feet pound up the stairs.

The lock on Tyler's bedroom door clicked and Lou walked in, carrying a glass of water and a bowl. I licked my lips and tried to reach my hand towards the glass. "P-please..."

Lou tutted and closed the door behind her. "Listen closely dear, you can either be a good girl and be a part of this family, or we can cut you up piece by piece until you're dead and eat you as our meal. You decide."

I swallowed heavily. I definitely didn't want to be their meal.

"I can't be a part of your family. I can't eat those people."

Lou chuckled and sat beside me on the bed. I did my best to cower away from her, but to no avail. The restraints prevented me from being able to move very much. Curiosity got the best of me and I tried to stretch my neck to see what was hiding in the bowl she had. I couldn't see anything.

"You can, and you will. The consequences won't be pleasant."

Lou picked up the bowl and brought it to my mouth. She pressed it against my lips, which were pressed firmly together.  A sharp slap to my face caused my eyes to blur with tears and a stinging, pulsating sensation to radiate across my cheek. "Open your mouth girl, and if you spit this back out, I will chain you up in the barn with the animals."

I sobbed as I opened my mouth. The tears flowed freely down my face. Lou brought the bowl against my lips one more time and tilted it towards me. The contents of the bowl smelled metallic and as soon as the warm liquid filled my mouth I knew instantly what it was.  I spit it out and screamed.

"Get away from me! You're sick!" I was covered in the blood that had poured from the bowl into my mouth, and so was the white duvet. I sobbed more as I tried to wish away the taste in my mouth.

Lou smacked my cheek with a hard whack and her foul breath wafted into my nose as she got right in my face. "I told you what would happen. You need to learn one way or another."

She left the room and I didn't hear any noise afterwards for what felt like hours. I sobbed and tried to get free of my restraints. Nothing worked. Eventually, I managed to cry myself to sleep. My dreams were plagued by the possibility of my punishment. Tyler surely wouldn't let her take me and tie me up in the barn with the people they killed, would he?

I was startled awake by the sound of the door creaking open. My vision was slightly blurred from the puffiness of crying and from having just woken up. A dark figure crouched and quietly came closer to me. Suddenly, I felt a prick in my arm and I cried out.

"Shh, baby." Tyler smoothed my unruly hair against my forehead.

"I'm sorry, but this has to be done. She was right. You must learn your lesson."

I tried to open my mouth to object, but the effects of whatever he had injected me with had already taken over. I drifted slowly back into unconsciousness, the last thing I could remember feeling was my hands being freed....