Chaper seventeen.

Chuck's POV

I slammed the door to my house so hard I'm surprised it didn't crack and fall to pieces at my feet.

'Charles Samuel! What had gotten into you?' My mom came at me with an angry face. 'Why are you slamming the door like that?'

Suddenly the whole fight hits me square in the chest and my heart misses a few beats. 'Melanie and I had a fight.'

My mom's anger slips away and morphs into sympathy. 'Did you finally tell her how you feel?'

I nodded. 'Last night at Ashlyn's party. We had a great night and this morning we were going to Caffeinated. And I waited for her for twenty some minutes before she came and she was with another guy. But not just any guy, a guy that she likes and he likes her too.' I plopped on the couch and frowned.

My mom sat beside me, 'Oh honey, I know you like this girl a lot but maybe you jumped to conclusions?'

'No I didn't mom! I saw them holding hands and laughing.'

'Hey don't get loud with me young man. I'm only trying to help. I think you need to work off some of this anger you have. Go run or something and then come back when you're willing to have a civilized conversation.'

'I don't need to run-'

My mom cuts me off with a stern eye, 'Go.'

I swallow and head upstairs to change.

*~*~*

'What happened with you and Melanie, man? You disappeared at the party.' Tyson asked me at my locker the next day at school.

I shrug, 'Nothing to report.' The anger I felt towards Melanie has dissipated. Leaving only a burning betrayal in its place.

Tyson punches my shoulder, 'Chuck. Come on man. Grow a pair and ask her out.'

'Why don't you mind your own damn business.' I snap.

Tyson's eyes narrow in my direction. 'Fine, I will.'

With that he turns and leaves me alone at my locker. My head pounds and I contemplate ditching school early. But then I remember I have football practice after school and I can't miss that. Not with how thin of ice coach has me on.

'Chuck?' A sweet voice flows behind me. I turn and face Melanie, feeling my heart leap in my chest.

'Yeah?' I imitate passiveness.

She swallows and pushes a strand of wavy brown hair behind her studded ear. 'Can we talk please?'

'I don't really feel like talking Melanie.'

Her head drops and it's like a punch in the gut. 'Okay.' Her voice is soft and full of hurt. 'I guess I'll see you around.' She finally looks back up at me and my indifferent demeanor melts with the heat in her hazel eyes. 'I just wanted to say I'm sorry.'

'Oh Melanie. Why can't I ever stay mad at you?' I whisper before slipping my arms around her waist and pulling her against my body. 'Do you want to skip today?'

Her head whips back like I suggested a massacre of puppies or something. 'But if you skip school you won't be allowed to practice and you know how my dad is with you right now. You're hanging on by a thread, one slip up and you'll be kicked off the team.'

I nodded, 'I know Mel. That's why you need to text your dad saying I'm sick at home and that you're going to come over after school and help me study for my calculus test tomorrow.' I smile down at her and cup her cheek. 'But actually you're going to come to my house where we are going to have a long overdue conversation and then hopefully I'll get a taste of these sweet ass lips again.'

She sighs and bites her bottom lip. 'You can taste them now, if you want.'

'You don't mind everyone seeing?' I ask, already noticing the dozen pair of eyes locked on the intimate hold we have on each other.

She shakes her head and leans up to peck my lips. I keep her tight against me to prevent escape. Our lips mesh together until hers spread and my tongue slips in to meet hers. She tastes like mint and bubblegum and I just can't get enough.

She pries her lips from mine when the warning bell sounds through the halls. We're both breathing heavily and we're clutching onto each other's bodies like we might drift away.

God, I hope we don't.

*~*~*

Damn she looks sexy in the kitchen, I think as I watch Melanie move around her kitchen smoothly. She's making us breakfast before we talk. Her tight jeans cling to her ass as she bends down. Her white cotton t-shirt slides up when she reaches to get something on the top shelf of one of the cabinets.

'Here you go.' She slides me a white plate filled with a stack of chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, eggs and toast.

'Damn, I'm supposed to be eating healthy for football, Mel.' I frown.

Her cute doe eyes widen, 'Oh shit. I was so focused on making a huge breakfast for you I didn't even think of that.' She reaches for my plate but I cover her hand with mine, stopping it.

Our fingers loop together and I smile at her, 'Don't worry baby. I'll eat it and we can go to the gym later.'

She smiles as her cheeks heat up. 'You want me to go with you to the gym?'

I nod, 'Yeah. Wouldn't that be fun?'

She licks her lips. 'I was thinking more distracting then fun. But yeah I'm in.'

I chuckle and dive into my food. She watches my reaction to her cooking before she takes a bite herself.

'Is it okay?'

I nod, 'Amazing baby.'

She smiles even brighter this time. 'I like when you call me baby.'

I finish the last bite on my plate and walk around the counter to face her. 'Good because I like calling you baby.' I say before kissing her on the lips deeply. I grip her waist tightly and lift her onto the countertop. She moans into my mouth when I step between her parted thighs. My fingers trail up her calves to her thighs until they rest around the button of her jeans. Her breathing picks up as my finger traces down the zipper. She pulls at my hair as our mouths devour each other. And before I can stop myself I flick the button of her jeans open and slowly pull down her zipper. I pull away from her intoxicating mouth to peak at what's underneath. Her lips find my neck and my knees shake with pleasure. Baby blue lace panties peak out of the top of her light wash jeans, standing out against her olive skin.

Her lips slow down on my skin when my hand traces the intricate designs on her panties. Eventually she pulls away and leans her head in the crook of my neck, gasping for air.

'Damn Chuck.' Her lips brush the skin on my neck with every word and I swear I've never been so turned on in my life.

'You're so beautiful Mel. So damn beautiful.'

She grips my shirt and tugs me closer until my arms wrap around her slim waist. 'I wish we could keep going but we really should talk first.'

Like a bucket if of ice cold water was dumped on me I step back from her intoxicating touch. 'That's right, we should talk.'

She frowns at me but nods regardless before awkwardly reaching down and fixing the opening of her jeans.

I just then realize that, that feeling of being so turned on is very noticeable right now in the front of my jeans.

'Um, I'm going to give myself a minute.'

She chuckles with a deep red blush before nodding. 'Okay, I'll clean up in here. I'll come out to the living room when I'm done.'

'Deal.' I mumble before awkwardly rushing out of the room.