Chapter 6

The most dangerous sickness are those that make us believe we are still well. What if love were a disease?

~Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

______

Chapter six

Niomi's POV

"Okay, I need to buy more clothes so you'll have to come shopping with me and I'll drop you back off home and hopefully Jim and Tanya will be there by then." Marcus informed gruffly.

"Okay." I said timidly. Honestly I don't really want to go with him, I'm embarrassed enough as I stood and stared at the front door for a good five minutes.

______

Marcus had bought over two bags of clothes now and I've come to the conclusion that he shops more than I do.

"Gosh Marcus you shop more than an average teenage girl would." I stated laughing.

"No, I do not!" He defended offensively.

I shook my head hiding my smile. We were now just looking through clothes and messing about.

"Hey, this is really nice, do you want to try it on?" I turned around to face a dress that was pretty, surprisingly as a guy had chosen it. It was a hot pink dress that I could tell was quite tight fitting.

"Erm, I haven't got any money on me at the moment so it's okay." I answered.

"No your just trying it on and besides I'll buy it for you, it's only a dress." He replied shrugging.

I just nodded, thanking him and walked in the direction towards the dressing room.

After entering the cubical I yanked off Heidi's black dress but left the tights on and pulled down the pink dress.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror straight ahead.

I see a girl who falls in love too quickly, but doesn't get the love back.

She's not the reason, behind anyone's smile.

She hasn't had anyone steal her heart, in return for their own.

I snapped out of my depressing thoughts and cleared my throat. I unlock the changing room and walked out to face Marcus' wondering eyes. His eyes roamed everywhere, before quickly scanning my face.

He hated it. I knew I shouldn't have come out!

"Don't laugh. I know I look ugly, I'll just head... Back." I stuttered pointing to the cubical I had left seconds ago. I insecurely wrapped my arms around myself and started to quickly fast walk back in the opposite direction. I took one step, not before a warm hand grabbed ahold of my wrist and spun me back around. Marcus' large hand left mine as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck and cleared his throat loudly.

"I- you don't look ugly. Quite the opposite actually. You look really beautiful... In the dress. Er- Look, Niomi, what I'm trying to say is, you look nice and I think you should get the dress. I'll buy it now and you can consider it as a gift." He quickly sputtered out. Before I could say a word he left the changing room leaving me dumbfounded.

Did Marcus Butler, the boy who once slapped me, compliment me?

I quickly regained my composure and went to change back into Heidi's clothes.

______

"Marcus I need the toilet could you wait outside?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." He said calmly.