ch 5

Imani pov
First time in a while I got some good sleep, I love being home and being with my mom and sister it feels good, I'm honestly contemplating if I intend to go to back to school .. I will but not today I got to prepare.

I grab my phone to check the time and see what I plan to do, as soon as I get up my mind goes back to last night when I bumped into ugh what's his name again it was like Gelo or something but he's quite Attractive I wont lie but  that's all really ,I'm not planning on getting into something new right Now.

I fully get up this time and head straight to the bathroom, brushing my teeth and washing my face , once I left the bathroom I decided on some sweats and a hoodie . I lay them out and head to the shower 20 mins later I get out and wipe myself down and put lotion and etc.

I take a glance in the mirror .. sometimes I don't even recognize who I am anymore i used to feel so pretty and happy in my own skin now I just feel dirty and see a girl with nothing but baggage and bruises, I never expected this for me.

But my face is starting to heal so that's good. I don't normally wear makeup but it'll have to do until then , I left the bathroom got dress , put my hair in a bun and did a light makeup , also put some vanilla spray I love that scent.

But I grab my phone and head downstairs to see my mom , idk where my sister went but I give my mom a hug I just miss her so much.

"Hey mommy how'd you sleep " I asked her .

" I slept good baby knowing my little girls home safe and sound". She leans and gives me a forehead kiss

"Uh Baby what did that boy do to you, something changed I know my kids and something off about you, you avoid eye contact now, you wearing make up, has he been hitting you?"

She gently turns my face.

I look down.

"Mommy I'm sorry I just couldn't leave I was scared , I tried to comply but he just kept hitting and hitting me and I felt so useless against him I just left him do it, he made me feel so worthless like I didn't deserve to live anymore.. I just had to leave yesterday all the chances I had I was scared but I needed to leave .. I had too". I said while wiping my tears.

"It's ok baby don't cry alright . You are everything and I'm sorry that lowlife made you feel that way but you are beautiful and have a purpose in this world don't let what he did take that away from you. When I see that good for nothing of a human he finna regret doing you like that, I promise ". She said with a serious tone. While rubbing my back soothly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So guys sorry I took to long to update I been very inactive but I'm working on it but chapters will be returning again , so I'll try to be consistent love y'all and be safe💕!