Breakfast

You stood in the kitchen flipping pancakes while trying to ignore the pair of piercing blue eyes staring at your back. The cat boy, who had later introduced himself as Aki, was leaning over the back of the couch staring at you while his tail swished back and forth behind him. You had managed to pull him into a pair of pants but he had panicked when you tried to put a shirt on him. You eventually gave up trying and settled for letting him run around half naked. You figured you would try again later.
"Aki, breakfast. Come eat." You put down a plate of pancakes on the table and gestured for him to sit down. He walked over and crawled up onto the chair before sitting down cross legged. He didn't eat but instead sat there motionless staring at you.
"Is something wrong?" You asked. You hadn't thought about it before but perhaps he didn't eat human food.
"You're not eating." He said. You took another plate of pancakes and sat at the table next to him. You got yourself a forkful and stuffed it in your mouth. You weren't the most graceful diner but this was your home so you didn't much care. Aki followed your example but instead of using a fork he instead took a handful and shoved the whole pancake in his mouth. His cheeks bulged while he chewed and sweet syrup ran down his hands and chin. You grabbed a napkin and started to wipe his face. Aki froze as you rubbed the napkin roughly over his face to get off the sticky syrup.
"You're such a child." You groaned.
"Do you like kids?" Aki asked as he roughly swallowed his mouthful.
"Yes. Well I guess." You muttered as you took another bite off of your own plate.
"I can be a child for you!" Aki suddenly cried out. You looked at him and was leaning close to you so your faces were mere inches apart. His eyes seemed to sparkle at the brilliance of his mental plan.
"I like you better as an adult." You said as you turned away from the boy and looked back at your own plate. You felt a weight on your shoulder as well as a hot breathe on your neck. Aki has his head rested on your shoulder as he looked up at you with pleading  eyes.
"You like me?" He asked, his voice hopeful. You felt your face blush bright red at the extreme lack of space between you and the still shirtless Aki. You didn't want to admit it but it didn't really help that the boy was so gorgeous.
"I-I like you." You seemed as you tried to look at anything besides Aki. After a moment the weight was lifted from your shoulder and you looked back to see a very happy Aki leaning over his plate of pancakes. A slight blush dusted his cheeks as he kept glancing between you and his plate.
"I like you too." He whispered but you couldn't hear him.
After you two were done eating you put away the plates and pushed Aki back to your bedroom to attempt at clothing him once again. This time he sat still on your bed as you slipped the oversized sleeping shirt over his head. He blushed as he sniffed at the shirt you had clothed him in. He buried his face into the fabric as he took deep breathes.
"What are you doing?" You asked.
"This smells like you." He muttered as his face was still buried in the fabric. You found the statement weird but quickly dismissed it as a cat thing as the sound of the doorbell ringing resonated throughout the house. You turned to make your way to the front door but was suddenly pulled back as you fell onto the bed into Akis waiting arms.
"Intruder!" He hissed as a deep growling sound was emanated from his throat. He wrapped his arms tightly around you as he hugged your small body against his chest.
"Aki. It's fine. It's just my friend." You tried to reassure him. Aki looked at you hesitantly but didn't pull back when you wiggled out of his grasp and walked to the door. You opened the door and was greeted by a tall, fiery red headed boy in a pair of blue jeans and a green shirt.
"Good evening, miss." He said with a short bow and a smile.
"It's morning." You huffed.
"Yeah, but good evening sounds so much cooler. It's like I'm a rich Englishmen." He said. You laughed as you opened the door and let him in. The boys name was Kyle and he was a childhood friend of yours. You had both grown up in the same neighborhoods and attended the same schools. Kyle was a goof ball and a jokester but he had a really good heart and an overly friendly demeanor. Because of this he was always surrounded by people and never had a shortage of friends but despite this he still choose to hang out with your shy self.
Kyle quickly made himself at home as he flopped down on the living room couch. He seemed pretty comfortable at first but quickly jumped up as he caught sight of Aki glaring at him from your open bedroom door.
"Y/N, what's that?" Kyle asked as he pointed at the hissing cat boy. Aki quickly slunk our of the doorway and edged his way around the room so he was standing behind you.
"My new roommate." You said as you reached up to pet Akis head behind you in an attempt to calm him down.
"Your new roommate....is a cat?" Kyle asked concerned.
"Yep."
There was a long moment of silence as the three of you just stared at each other. This is going to be hard to explain.