First Date

"Aki, put on a coat. We are going out today."

The boy looked at you curiously from where he sat on the couch.

"No thank you. I'm good." He mutters.

"It wasn't a request." You groan as you grab him by the shirt and pull him off the couch. You drag him to the closet and wrap him up in the biggest winter coat you had. You still had a few of your brothers clothes and you had been lending them to Aki over the past few weeks. You also had some extra gloves and a knitted blue hat which you pulled onto Aki's head to hide his cat ears.

"I don't want to go outside." Aki grumbled. "Please, Master. Don't make me." He gave you the biggest, wettest puppy dogs you had ever seen but you decided to remain strong. Aki had not left the house since the day you brought him in and you didn't think it was healthy for him to be cooped up all day.

"We are going to go outside. We are going to go shopping. We are going to get food. It will be fun, you'll see. It will be just like a little date."

"Date?" Aki's ears perked up. "We are going on a date?"

"I guess you could call it that if you want." You mumbled, a bit embarrassed over the boys enthusiasm. Behind his back Aki's tail swayed back and forth as he nodded his head frantically.

"I want to go!" He yelled as he tucked his tail into his pant leg and dragged you to the door. You opened the front door and were immediately enveloped by the cold air of winter. As you stepped outside Aki clung to the back of your coat as he firmly pressed himself into its warmth.

"It's hard to walk like this, Aki." You said as you pushed the white haired boy off of you and instead pulled him to walk next to you as you held his hand. Even through the gloves Aki could feel the subtle warmth of your fingertips as his cheeks blushed a bright pink. His gaze never left your conjoined hands as you led him through the busy streets.

Aki was extremely clingy on your walk as well as in the restaurant you stopped in for lunch. He refused to sit across from you at the table and instead pulled his chair over to sit next to you. This earned you a few snickers from people sitting near you. You know that you had told Aki that this would be a kind of date but you never intended for it to turn out like one. And yet to anyone passing by you two probably looked like a cute couple enjoying a meal together. You hadn't wanted to admit it to Aki, but in truth you kind of enjoyed the date like atmosphere since you yourself had never been on one before. You were kind of antisocial in highschool and you kept yourself busy with work so you didn't have much time for the dating scene.

You looked up from your menu to find Aki staring straight at you, your faces unbelievably close.

"What is it?" You asked as you tried to control the steady blush creeping up on your face.

"N-nothing." Aki stuttered as he turned back to his own menu. A light dusting of pink spread across his cheeks.

"No tell me. What is it?" You insisted.

"You're really pretty." Aki whispered and you just lost it as you smacked your head down on the table to conceal your undeniable red face. Aki didn't really understand your behavior and therefore quickly came to the conclusion that he must have done something to upset.

"Im sorry! Im sorry! Please don't be mad!" He practically yelled as he shook you by the shoulders. You brought your hands up to cover your face as a high pitch squeal of embarrassment escaped your lips. Aki jumped at the sound but then became quiet as he rested his head on the table next to you. You removed your hands from your eyes just enough so you could see his face and that he could see your blushing cheeks. His eyes grew wide as he came to an understanding and he smiled wide as he pulled you into a tight hug.

"You're really cute Y/n." He whispered in your ear as he held you against his chest. You could hear a light purring sound vibrate in his chest as he held you close. It took you a long time to calm down.