The fight

Aki kept his word and followed the rules but he took a bit to the extreme. He didn't completely avoid me but he kept his distance. He didn't follow me around the house anymore or follow me to work. We also no longer cuddled on the couch like we used to. I'll admit that I was kind of lonely, especially since Kyle was also avoiding me but I decided to put an end to that today.

"Aki, I'm going out!" I called from the doorway as I slipped on my boots. Akis head popped up from the couch as he gave me a nervous look.
"Where are you going?" He asked.
"I'm just going out to get groceries, I'll be back soon."
I saw him open his mouth to ask if he could come but he immediately shut it.
"Come back soon." He muttered with a forced smile as he lay back down on the couch. I nodded and waved goodby before walking out into the snow and started making my way towards the downtown mall. I lied. I wasn't going grocery shopping. I was going to ambush Kyle at work and force him to tell me why he's avoiding me.
I approached Kyles shop and immediately caught sight of him through the window. He had his back to me as I silently crept inside and jumped up grabbing hold of his shoulders.
"WAH!" He yelled as he quickly shook off my hands and turned to face me.
"We need to talk." I said firmly as I saw his face drop. He averted his gaze as he fiddled with his fingers behind his back.
"I'm kind of busy right now." He muttered.
"Not anymore. I called your boss ahead of time and asked him to give you a break. He agreed."
"You didn't have to do that."
"Yes I did. You're avoiding me and I want to know why."
He shifted uncomfortably before slowly taking me by the hand and leading me into the back staff room. He closed the door behind him as I settled into one of the many chairs scattered about the room.
"It's Aki." He began.
"What about him?"
"I think you should stop living with him. You need to kick him out."
"What!?" I asked surprised. "Why?"
"Because he's weird and creepy."
"Aki isn't creepy. He's a sweetheart."
"Are you two dating?"
"What?! No!"
"And that's the problem. Whenever I see you two he acts like you guys are dating and more importantly he acts like I'm the enemy who's getting in the way of your relationship!"
"Well that's not right. We are just friends!"
"Your friend is a freak!"
"That's it! I don't want to listen to this anymore!" I turned to leave but Kyle grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him.
"Please Y/n, I'm only saying these things because I care and because I'm worried about you."
"Says the guy who avoided me for a whole week!"
"I admit that that was my fault. But I really am trying to help now. Aki is crazy and you have to get rid of him!"
"That's it! Aki is a sweetheart and you're just being a dick Kyle! I'm leaving!"
Kyle tried to stop me again but I was too fast as I ran out of the room and back out into the snow. Outside the snow swirled about me while being blown by the wind. It was cold but I didn't much feel it for I was still steaming with anger.
"What a dick." I muttered to myself as I turned to walk home. I'll have to apologize to Aki for how rude Kyle must have been to him. No wonder they didn't like each other.