Ending

Kyle house was only a few blocks away but it felt like I had been running for an eternity. I wasn't wearing a jacket so the cold air was piercing through my thin clothes and leaving my limbs numb with cold. I had a feeling that Aki was chasing me but I was way too scared to turn back and look so I just kept running. To raise my odds of escape I took a short cut through the park, an area Aki didn't know well. The park paths were lined with flowers and dimly lit by street lamps that flickered on and off as I ran past. I wasn't wearing shoes either so the snow was sticking to my feet forming ice on my toes. 'This is just like that dream' I thought to myself as I stopped to catch my breath on the bridge. The wide concrete arch overlooked the raging river below that in the depths of winter reached temperatures far beyond freezing and was filled with small blocks of floating ice.

My breath came in sharp and felt like millions of needle pricks in my lungs. I looked down to see my feet were purple with cold and I could barely move my toes. I stood there panting as my breath came out so loud that I didn't hear the footsteps coming up from behind until I was harshly grabbed. I screamed only to have my mouth muffled by a cold hand.

"WHY DID YOU RUN!?" Aki yelled as he turned my cold body to face him. He held me up by my shoulders so tightly that my feet were almost dangling above the ground. I looked him straight in the eyes and saw all the crazy he had been hiding from me. How I had never seen it before was unbelievable.

"WHY DID YOU RUN!? I THOUGHT WE WERE HAPPY! DON'T YOU LOVE ME!?" Aki screamed as he shook me. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I stuttered through gaping breaths.

"N-Not like this A-Aki. I don't l-love you like this. I thought we were friends."

"We were never just friends. From the moment you brought me into your home I knew we were meant to be together. We were meant to love each other for all eternity."

"BUT I DONT LOVE YOU!" I screamed. Aki's grip on my shoulders tightened as he pulled me into a suffocating hug.

"You will love me. You will." He muttered as he ran his fingers through my hair but in such a rough manner that he pulled out threads. "This is all HIS fault isn't it?" he muttered. "Well he isn't coming between us anymore."

"Aki who are you talking about? What did you do?" Aki pulled me out of the hug and held me at arms length as he began to plant light kisses on my cheeks and forehead.

"I did it for you." He murmured between kisses. "I did everything for you. Kyle was in the way so I had to get rid of him. He was trying to separate us."

I felt my whole body become paralyzed as he spoke Kyles name. I hadn't been able to contact him at all the last few days. Was he okay? What did Aki do? My mind flashed back to the jacket under the bed and the splatter of blood. Aki wasn't injured. It wasn't Aki's blood.

"A-Aki?"

"Shhhh. Its okay." He said trying to soothe me. "We should go home now. Its cold out here. Your fingers are freezing." Aki held my fingers in his hands as he attempted to warm them. My body crazed the heat but my mind wanted nothing more to pull away. Aki must have sensed my need to run for he all of a sudden griped my hand tighter and started to pull me away, back towards the house. Neither of us noticed the figure watching close by until a voice rang out.

"DONT TOUCH HER!"

I barely had time to turn around before I was yanked away from Aki as he was pushed over the railing of the bridge. I heard him scream my name as his body hit the icy water below with a loud splash. I immediately ran to peer over the railing only to see that nothing was there. The raging water had swept him away and he was gone. I didn't know whether to be happy or sad and instead choose to turn and thank my savior.

"KYLE!?" I screamed as I caught sight of the ragged boy sitting next to me. He appeared dirty and thin with chapped lips, sunken eyes, and blood stained hair that outlined a pretty nasty gash on his forehead. I immediately pulled him into a hug as I began to cry hysterically into his shoulder.

"I-I thought you were dead!" I cried as he hugged me closer.

"Aki tried but I'm more durable than that." He said with a halfhearted chuckle. He took off his coat and wrapped around the two of us as he picked me up off my frozen feet. "I'm so sorry Y/n. I wasn't there to protect you."

"What are you talking about? You saved me."

"I should've been here sooner." He mumbled. I gave him a weak smile as I leaned forward and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. His face blushed bright red as he averted his eyes and proceeding in carrying me back to his house.

Two year time skip:

I tired to forget Aki. I left my apartment and moved in with Kyle after we officially started dating. Days with Kyle were fun while nights were warm and romantic. We got along perfectly as you would expect from two people who had been friends for so long but at the back of my mind I never forgot Aki. He was like a dark shadow that plagued my nightmares and always lurched in the back of my mind. Its years later and I still often awake in the middle of the night from nightmares. Tonight is one such night.

"Y/n, whats wrong?" Kyle asked as he slowly sits up in bed. My face is wet from tears and I am sweating profusely after having been startled awake by another Aki nightmare. Kyle sees my fear and holds me close as he switches on the light. It is only 3 am but it is already evident that we won't be getting anymore sleep tonight. He crawls out of bed and pulls on some clothes as he hands me some as well.

"Get dressed. Lets go somewhere." he says with a smile. I do as I'm told and quickly get dressed as Kyle wraps us up and we step out into the cold winter night. The streets are deserted as Kyle leads me by the hand to the nearby convince store where we buy as much chips and cookies as we can carry. I laugh as Kyle tries to show off his strength by carrying all the bags on one arm. He fails and falls into a snow ditch and I have to pull him back up as he dusts the snow off his jeans. We look so happy as we walk side by side back to our house. We were so distracted by each other that neither of us noticed the small white cat following closely behind.

The End.