Ark: Chapter One

I felt raw rays of heat slowly cooking my skin as I laid in a fetal position with the feeling of small pebbles the size of gravel under me, it was biting into the exposed skin of my arms, lower side, and legs. I opened my mouth and released a very loud gag as I felt my stomach twist in pain, I cupped my lower abdomen as I hurled heavily, feeling a gel-like substance pour out my mouth. 

I could feel the threadbare fabric under my fingertips as I continued to hurl onto the ground beside me, I pulled myself to my hands and knees slowly as I continued to choke and hack up the clear gel that was clogging my throat. I moaned in distress as I felt something cold touch my neck, I maintain my hands and knees position while looking up to see a pointy hunk of metal and immediately recognized it as a Pike, how did I know it was that, I'm not so sure. I looked farther than the Pike to see the silhouette of a man standing before me.

He was very lanky with very scrawny arms and thin hands that secured his melee weapon in his hands tightly, I gulped and watched as he held the weapon to my neck with a very big smirk on his face. He had brown hair on top of his head in a very unruly way, he appeared to had just gotten out of bed from the way his hair laid on his head, his eyes were a dark blue with low cheekbones and a large nose centered in his face. 

He wasn't very attractive to look at, nor anything special, his forehead was large and he had various pimples present, a unibrow connected his eyebrows that hung heavily over his eyes. His head was also very large as it sat atop of his body, which was relatively thin and had no muscles even though he was completely topless, his stomach was flat and his thighs were very skinny. The man also had a large scar above his bellybutton, as well as many others framing his chest and torso in different zigzags that made me curious on how he got so many of them.

There was a large crowd that had formed behind him and as I looked past them, I was able to see tall Wooden Walls. The crowd consisted of women and children, including other men as they stared at me and the lanky man. The man smirked at me as I shivered again while staring at him unsurely, I didn't know what he could do to me but he already had the upper hand by having a very sharp weapon pointing at me. 

He lowered the weapon a little so it was pointing more at the center of my collarbones, top of my sternum bone, and his smirk widened as he glanced me up and down, making me feel even more uncomfortable around him. I felt my stomach curl up as I looked at the pointing and whispering crowd behind him, they had all crowded amongst one another while staring at our exchange, I wasn't sure if I was safe in this area but I was hoping I could get away and to real safety.

"Don't worry about them." The man finally spoke, making me look back at him. "They're just as curious as you are."

I had expected a slightly-low voice for a man but even for this lanky man before me, his voice had no real authority to it because it wasn't very deep and demanding as most men's voice would be at his age. He removed the Pike from the top of my sternum bone and I was able to relax as I lifted my arms to my chest for comfort, I then realized that I wasn't wearing the same clothes I had on before I was stabbed with a needle. 

Instead, I wore a very threadbare dress that was an ugly tanned color and shield almost nothing of me, the dress stopped mid-thigh and the slightest moves caused for it to rise. My eyes widened in shock as I quickly grabbed the end of the dress and pulled it over myself, I looked up at the man with an alert expression as he watched me with a sneer for covering up what I had.

"Aw come on," The man chuckled, reaching forward and grabbing the round neckline of my threadbare dress," we all just want a peek." With that, he tried to ripped the dress off of me completely.

He struggled with the thread as I tried to pull myself away from him, the struggle between us caused the dress to finally come off my body and give everyone the glory of my figure, I gasped as I shielded my face while feeling the embarrassment while the men and women stared at me.