Ark: Chapter Four

I was nervous about the way Hunter would react now that the deed had been done, I had expected him to push me away or to shut me out and while he didn't do that, I wouldn't say that he didn't fully open to me either. He had kept his distance most of the day and I had stayed near his house so that nothing would attack me, I stepped back inside to refill my Canteen and realized that there wasn't anything inside the house to put more water into my Canteen, and I wasn't sure about anything but going to the pond outside and refilling it. 

I stepped from the porch and lifted my hand to block the sun so that I could see better, the sun was beaming brightly and it caused the plants to seem more lively because the greenery shrubs looked heathier. I spotted Hunter by the river with slowly moved over to where he was standing with one piece of Raw Meat in his hand while he closely watched the water for something, I stood beside him and me drawing close had gained his attention immediately as he gave me a forced smile before tossing the meat into the air above the pond. 

I looked at the action curiously and just as I opened my mouth to question him about it, something large shot through the air and snatched the meat into it's mouth right at the peak of Hunter's throw. I looked over just in time to catch a dark green tail sliding under the pond surface, I could make the outline of an alligator and I stumbled back in fear just as Hunter threw another piece of meat into the air above the pond.

"It's okay, he won't hurt you." Hunter said, pausing as he grabbed my hand and quickly steadied me as I looked at the pond with uncertainty.

"Will it stay in there?" I asked him, not feeling safe as I quickly moved to stand by Hunter with fear.

"I can call him out." Hunter said, grabbing my elbow gently and taking a few steps back while releasing a soft whistling, he then reached into his open Preserving Bin to grab more food.

The Sarco quickly broke the surface with the top of it's head first, it floated momentarily while it's beaded eyes quickly searched the area before locking on me, my heart dropped in my chest as I realized it actually saw me. Hunter kept a tight hand on my elbow and that was the only thing that kept me in place as my adrenaline started pumping with the flight instinct. I needed to get away from this alligator before it attacks me and I'm sure that's some pain I would never won't to feel. 

"I-It's an alligator." I said in shock as Hunter took another step back while repeating the same whistle tone.

"Sarco." Hunter corrected me on the actual term with a chuckle and if I wasn't nearly about to shit myself, I would of rolled my eyes because it was basically an alligator. 

The Sarco beached as Hunter threw another Raw Meat at it and it snapped it into it's mouth before heavily chewing on it, and the more I stared it, the more I saw that it was very domesticated and was patiently waiting for Hunter to feed it one piece of Raw Meat at a time, rather than attacking him. 

Hunter offered me a piece of Raw Meat and I hesitantly accepted it before quickly rushing to throw it just as the Sarco's eyeball rolled to look at me and it quickly snatched the Raw Meat I threw directly at it's snout, I had gotten afraid that it would charging me for it. Hunter laughed at my reaction as I declined more food for the Sarco from him while he tossed another piece and the Sarco jumped and snatched it mid-air before Hunter did a different toned whistle and the Sarco disappeared into the pond once more. 

"You know how to use a gun?" Hunter asked out the blue as we slowly walked toward his home.

"No, never even touched one before." I said, stopping as Hunter nodded slowly before grabbing a Assault Rifle that was laid against his back by a string.