Ark: Chapter Three

I impatiently waited for an answer as the man calmly eyed me closely, as if he was just now having the time to analyze my body as a whole. I looked around the area and was nearly ready to run back out the gate at the sight of the other creatures around, my head felt ready to explode as more and more things started to gain my attention as I looked around the mysterious man's base. 

It was relatively secretive considering it was in the middle of nowhere, probably a forest crater to be exact, and all the tall trees and the location of the forest meant you'd probably fly right past it if you weren't paying attention. There was a large pond that ran along the center of his territory and I was sure it housed many critters of the ocean, and anything that fell from the cliffs of the crater would fall to an immediately death, even a human.

I looked in the direction of his home next and was pretty surprised with the hut as it wasn't too small but it definitely was enough room for him and a partner, I guess he's had someone else here with him before. Wooden logs made up the exterior with even the addition of a tiny porch with wooden railings that probably took him all morning to stack into place, he hadn't just simply thrown some wood together. 

It was obvious that he took his time with his home, I glanced over at his gigantic frame as he corrected the straps on his T-Rex before stepping back and looking over at me. I rose an eyebrow as I was still waiting for an explanation to where the hell I was, and how the hell I got here, if he could answer those for me... maybe he doesn't know either. 

"Where am I?" I asked again.

"The first people always called it ARK." He explained, pursing his lips while glancing around. 

"Okay... but what is it?" I asked him, curious to what he meant.

"Anything you want it to be." He replied with a simple shrug. "What's your name?"

It was my turn to now purse my lips as I debated answering him, oh what the hell. "Frannie, yours?"

"Hunter." He smiled lightly, and I couldn't help but smile lightly in return as I turned my back to him to give his base another once over before another question came to my mind.

"What does ARK stand for?" I pushed, wondering if he understood what I was asking.

"It's just what they named the island." He said with a simple shrug as if this was okay to him.

"You say it like you're okay with all of this." I whispered, very curious of him now.

"It's a restart for me." He didn't elaborate.

I decided that I had pestered him long enough and fell silent as I continued to analyze the area around me, it wasn't much to it other than the many creatures he had around and there were so many varieties that I didn't even know where to start. I crossed my arms over my chest subconsciously as fear started to dwell in the pit of my stomach, I was in an unknown place and I was with a complete stranger. 

On Earth, something like this would be shunned on by so many people because nothing about this was okay. He had won me in a duel and I had no say in anything that he did to me, I was his slave? I was so in thought that I hadn't realized that he was standing beside me until he had moved to cross his arms over his chest as well, I quickly looked in his direction just as my senses kicked back in. 

He smelled like firewood, soot, and the decadent smell of berries as he looked over at me and his electric blue eyes stole my breath away in an instant. It was as if all the energy in my body left and I was a puddle of flesh in the matter of minutes, a puddle of flesh that was ready to bend over for him and I didn't know anything but his name. His presence made me feel powerless in the nicer way of things, I didn't feel powerless like I was his slave, I felt powerless like I was a woman trying to love a man that didn't love me.