Ark: Chapter One: B

The smaller guy landed beside his Pike with a grunt, he glanced at it then back up at the large man while getting an idea, it was as if a lightbulb went over his head suddenly as he stared between the two. He grabbed the handle of his weapon and got to his feet quick, I went to open my mouth and warn the man but I had no reason to. Just as the lanky guy drew closer, the larger man turned around and grabbing ahold of the weapon with ease, deflecting the blow of the Pike blade while throwing a single punch toward the man. 

The punch had a lot of force behind it because the man slid far across the ground before tumbling to a stop, the burly man then threw the lanky man's Pike elsewhere as the crowd gasped at the aggressive touch exchanged between the two men before loud cheering overtook them. I stared in shock as the heaving-chest larger man stared at the smaller man, who slowly pulled himself to his feet, the smaller man cracked his back with a pained groan before rolling his neck with a loud, uncomfortable wince.

"Fuck... that really hurt." The smaller guy mumbled thoughtlessly, taking a sluggish step and almost falling back to the ground. "Damn..." He said, bracing his hands on his knees and taking a deep breath then reaching up and rubbing his jaw.

"Come on, Ronnie." Someone in the crowd yelled amongst the cheering. "I'm actually rooting for your pitiful ass."

I would had laughed if I wasn't so stunned by the crowd's reaction to the physical violence, how could they like such a thing, were their lives that boring and did they really have nothing better to do?

"Shut up!" The smaller guy yelled toward the crowd with a glare, making them slowly quiet down. "Anything but the Rex, Greg would..."

The smaller guy trailed while shaking his head, showing he was no longer wanting to fight and I was sure that the hit wasn't the only thing that changed his mind about competing against the large man. The larger man rose an eyebrow as he waited for the smaller man to complete his sentence, I was curious to know what the smaller man was going to say as well. I looked toward the large man as he glanced down at me and then finished with a full-on confused stare as if he was surprised by my appearance, as if I just appeared before him. 

I sheepishly cut my eyes to the ground as I blinked a couple of times and willed my heart to relax, I was in a very serious dilemma and I needed someone to help me out. He was a debonair man with the eyes of a curious boy; and as he stared at me, I was able to get a clearer view of his electric eyes, there were small specks of gold surrounding the intense shade of blue, they were beautiful. I gulped and debated the decision to run, how far would I get? Would they actually let me escape? Will I be free?

"Oh... you do just want a little pussy, huh?" The lanky guy asked, rubbing his swollen, red jaw once more. "Well... take it." A not-so-innocent smile on his face, was he trying to persuade this man to force himself upon me?

"I want my Rex." The man replied, making me cut my eyes to him then drop them once more.

"Pity... cause she wants you." The lanky guy chuckled, making the man look over at me then glare at him as my eyes widened and I suddenly felt nauseous.

"I won't ask again." The man replied once more, taking a threatening step forward.

"Look..." The lanky guy paused, catching everyone's attention as they moved their heads back and forth with the chatter, "We make a deal. You take the new girl... and I guess the Rex, bu-"

"You've have all the things you could ever want, and you come back for a fucking T-Rex? I always knew you were so pathetic." A feminine voice within the crowd spoke up, making us all look toward it as they parted to allow the large man to see who it was.