O

🌹
"We have enjoined upon man care for his parents. His mother carried him in weakness upon weakness and his weaning is in two years.  Be grateful to Me and to your parents, for to Me is the final  destination."
|Surat Luqman 31:14]

The following morning Aisha has woken up very late for school due to the late night texts she's been doing with her group of friends on the social media. Noticing the time, she groaned and leaped out of bed faster than a rat from a trap and headed for the bathroom. After the shower, she dressed up and went down stairs to look for her mum to drop her to school.

Around 11:30 Aisha comes back home earlier than scheduled. With one step, she glanced around to make sure no one was at sight. She breathed a sigh of relief as she remembered that her mother hasn't come back from work yet. She put another step in before letting her backpack fall onto the smooth wooden floor. 

Here's another great day Aisha and her friends skipped school to go have fun around. To Aisha anything was infinitely preferable to high school. She rapidly walked upstairs when in the same time someone suddenly jerked out of nowhere, freaking her out.

"You scared me out"! She breathed with relief, realizing that it was just his younger brother, Adam. "Don't ever do that to me, will you"? Aisha warned pointing out her finger to him.

"It is still 12pm, school isn't over yet, what are you doing here"? Adam ignored his sister's remark, slightly changing the subject. "Did you get suspended again"?

"What about you"? Aisha crossed her arms defiantly, looking at her brother. "Don't you have school"? 

"That's not the same, I'm sick" His brother simply replied but Aisha just rolled her eyes as she walked past him, Adam ran behind his sister. "I swear its true mom even stayed with me the entire day."

Aisha abruptly turned to his brother with an alerted look. "Where is she"?

"She went out." Adam revealed.

Fatima entered the nearest bakery of the city and headed towards the pastries in the front window that displayed chocolates, cakes, muffins and cookies. She has decided to buy some for Adam since he was sick but she also thought about Aisha.

She saluted the checkout girl as this one presented her a little card with the prices on. The cabinet was full of salads, sandwiches slices and other tasty looking treats. She quickly made her choice by choosing her children's favourite dessert. As she finished paying she walked out of the piece when she got interrupted by her neighbourhood, Amina.

"As Salamu Aleykum Fatima, how are you"? Amina greeted with a warm smile.

"Wa Aleykum Salam, sister." Fatima greeted back, a grin on her face. "I'm fine Al Hamdoulillah. What brings you here"?

"Nothing special, I was looking out for you actually."

"What's wrong"? Fatima frowned. 

"Did Aisha go to school today"? Amina questioned in concern. Fatima chuckled but without humour.

How could she ask me a question like this? She thought to herself before answering. "Of course, I even dropped her off to school today. Why are you so concerned about it"?

"I got a call today from school saying that my daughter Imaan has been missing school for three days in a row and she missed many exams."

Amina continued in an uneasy tone. "And you know how much Imaan and Aisha hang out a lot together so..."