Chapter 16

(Y/N)'s POV:

"Eeeeh?! You didn't do anything cause you were worried about Onii-chan?! What does he have to do with this?!" We are still sitting on the couch, Aomine is still hugging me, or should I say Daiki hehe! He explained why he didn't do anything all these weeks. I can't believe it was all because of Onii-chan! "Don't say that... He's my best friend and you're his little sister. I was worried he won't accept and I wouldn't know what to do ok!" I never thought he was thinking about it so much.

I hold his face in between my hands and give him a small kiss "Thank you for thinking of me and Onii-chan so much, it means a lot to me. But from now on, you have me to help and talk to, ok?" He is just so cute all baffled and shy! "Haha, s-sure!" He's blushing! "You don't have to be shy anymore! We're dating, aren't we?" He nods while attempting to hide his face. I can't believe Aomine has this side to him. Augh! I have to get used to calling him Daiki now!

We spend the next few minutes just sitting and holding each other. It was comforting, not awkward like I thought it would be. He is big and warm. My tiny body fits so perfectly in between his arms. I like this feeling... "So... What are we going to do about Kagami?" Wow! He really is worried about Onii-chan. "You are still worried about that? If you want, I can come with you to speak with Onii-chan." I'm sure Onii-chan won't cause problems.

"It's getting late... I should get going, and you need to rest, we have a game tomorrow." As I try to leave, I feel a grip on my wrist. "Stay!" What?... "Umm... I mean you're scared to be alone in your apartment right? You can stay here. I promise I won't do anything. I'll even sleep on the couch and you can have the bed."

"Eh? I can't take your bed if anything I'll sleep on the couch!" Wait? Did I just agree? "So you're ok with staying here?" I'm sure I can trust Daiki. It took him forever to ask me, I'm sure he won't do anything while I sleep. "S-sure... But you won't sleep on the couch! We-we can put a pillow or something in between us..." I can't believe I'm actually doing this! We head off to bed, with not a single word between us... Both of us are so shy and nervous. I bet neither of us expected for this to happen. I mean I sure didn't!

I wake up the next day to a feeling in my hair. I open my eyes to find Daiki playing with my hair while still laying down next to me. "Good morning Shortcake." The first thing I see is his smile, and may I say! That is a wonderful first sight! "Hehe, good morning Daiki." I guess he's not used to hearing that yet since he immediately blushed! "Oh! What time is it?" We had planned to meet with the team early for a bit of practice before the game. "It's 11 am, want to eat breakfast?"

"Oh my God! We're late! Get up and get ready! We will eat something on the way!" I get up fast, I can't believe I slept in! If we show up together they will get suspicious! "Oh come on! I was hoping I would get to eat some of your cooking!" I turn around, he is still laying in bed... Can't he lay down like a normal person? Does it have to be a sexy pose? As if that's not enough he's shirtless! I didn't see that yesterday! "I suck at cooking! So just get up, come on!" I ran out of his apartment to go get ready! "Eh? She can't cook?..."

We get there together. Daiki is still eating his meat bun! As I suspected, everyone is giving us weird looks and whispers started on why we arrived together! I cut those short by starting the practice. I don't need to be drowned with questions now. Daiki and I decided not to tell anyone yet. He wants the first person to hear about it to be Onii-chan. It made me realize how much Onii-chan means to Daiki.

The day passes by quick. The game is in a few hours, so we are preparing to leave for the stadium now. Daiki and I keep our act together, even though I let his name slip once or twice and he was staring and looking at me for most of the day. I mean give us a break! We got together yesterday! Not to hide it!