Two

Levi

I did not know what to make of that alpha. It surprised me that he didn't kill Floretta and force himself on me. He smelt young but powerful so that worried me for a moment. And yet instead of doing either of those things he offered us to come to his tribe. Again I did not know what to think about the strange alpha.

That night I thought about the strange alpha's offer. Living in a tribe would make our lives better. Hunting has become a hassle due to the change of the season. The days ate becoming shorter, the nights colder. This was no way for my little flower to live like due to my own selfishness. Even so, could I really trust that alpha? Could I trust his tribe?

I hadn't met another tribe before but I had heard rumors and stories of how some treated omegas and their betas. I feared that if I agreed to join that I would be treated like slave, a barefoot breeder and die without a voice. Been worse having my baby taken from me.The pros and cons of joining were at war with my mind to the point I needed to give my brain a rest.

Making sure Floretta was still asleep I started to slip out of our cave when I saw a basket filled with fruits and dried meats waiting at the cave entrance. Shocked I searched for any traces of a stranger watching frokna distance but there wasn't. Only a faint hint of cinnamon and pine, the scent of the strange alpha.

Hesitately I take the basket and made sure none of the food was poisoned. Was deemed safe I engulfed half the fruit and saved a bit dried meat for later. At the bottom of the basket was a woven blanket and two waterskins. There was even hollow acorns that were filled with healing ointment.

"That brat."I whispered fondly.

Such actions brought back memories of the thoughtfulnes my own alpha. He provided my needs and wants and made sure I was in good health. Just the thought made my heart ache and my inner omega yearn for its late alpha.

Floretta's small cries brought me back to earth. She was hungry and thanks to the meal I was able to provide just enough milk for her. She suckled against my chest with a look of content. Maybe the brat isn't too bad.

Over the past few days I would wake up to find baskets filled with food and gifts from the strange alpha. He never disappointed me either now that I can provide for my little one and not worry about venturing away from our cave. Even so I knew this wouldn't last long. The alpha was still waiting for my answer. Again I thought of the pros and cons of joining the strange alpha's pack now knowing what could be given.

Later one night after had fed Floretta I made my decision and planned on waiting for the alpha to come.

Just before the breaking of dawn a heavy scent of alpha filled the air. But it wasn't the strange alpha's scent. This scent made the hairs on my neck rise and my omega snarl as I back up into the cave shielding away any harm that would come at my baby. The alpha's scent of threatening and sour and what's more alarming was that he was in a rut.

"Omega."The alpha growled. I could see their feet stepping towards the entrance of the cave. I could tell they were tall and wielded a lot of strength. I doubted I could beat him while in rut but I had no other choice but to try.

"Pup!"The alpha snarled with disgust. "Kill!"

The alpha kneels onto all fours finally revealing himself. He was coated in mud and dirt and smelt like he hadn't bathed in weeks. His eyes were bloodshot and wild. He bated his yellow teeth when he sees my baby behind me ready to get rid of the competition for his own seed. He starts to crawl his way towards us blocking the exit. But his body was to thick and wide for him to enter any further other than his shoulders. Growling in frustration the alpha crawls out and began to dig around the cave.

My brain goes into overdrive trying to think of way to get out. The alpha was blocking our way out and the wall behind me was too thick to make an exit. Come on Levi think!

"Ah!"A sudden war cry interrupts my train of thought.

A blur knocks the larger alpha to the ground. Scrambling to see what was going on I am shocked to find the strange alpha wrestling the much bigger alpha to the ground. His eyes were no longer a emerald sheen but a glowing gold. In his left hand was a dagger which was being held back by his opponent. The right hand grips tightly onto the other almost twisting it into a painful angle judging how the larger alpha's face scrunched up in pain.

The large alpha lifts up his leg and kneed the smaller alpha in the stomach causing him to recoil. He quickly gets up to get back to his previous task, me.

But the smaller alpha is relentless to give up. He jumps onto the brutes back and reels him backwards. The brute struggles to get the smaller one off him but with so much muscle on his arms he is unable to reach behind him. With his blade still in hand the strange alpha brings it to the mans back ant stabs him repeatedly until the massive giant stumbles to his kneels. Once down the small alpha brings his dagger to the others neck and without a momemt of hesitation slits his throat.

Once dead the brunet strikes his dagger into the ground to clear it away of blood before making his way towards me. Calming pheromones flooded my noise easing away the fear I had felt minutes earlier. Yup my mind was made up.

"Does your offer still stand?"