Six

Levi

As promised Eren directed me to his parents work place before heading to the training grounds. With Florette strapped safely onto my back I entered the long hut to find the ill and injured being attended by a small staff of people both young and old. Eren wasn't joking about the place needing help.

"Carla dear, I must go up to the Sanchez's home." A man briskly makes his way throw the over crowded hut with a large satchel hanging over his shoulder. A woman whom resembles very much of Eren chased after him with a disapproving scowl.

"But Grisha there are other who are in greater need of help! A sprain ankle can be even be treated amateurs!" The woman, Carla said but her words go unheard by the man as he exits the hut with a young boy who gave an apologetic nod to the peeved woman.

Carla growled as her pheromones leeks out a bitter scent causing those around her to shift out of her way. Her temper decreased at the soft whimper of the child resting agaist my back.

"Oh my," She gasps."You must by Levi and Floretta! Forgive me for my behavior but as you cam see we've got a bit on our plate."

"Yes I can see that and I don't mind giving you a helping hand." I replied.

"Come come you can help me by starting off bandaging these morons' up." Carla takes me by the arm and stations me at a row of waiting patients who were in a bit of shambles.Their cuts were already cleaned so all that was needed was to provide ailments and wrap them up.

I felt at ease as I worked feeling the familiarity creeping back to me with each movement. My old pack didn't have much incidents were many members would be injured in such a degree but neither were we training to protect ourselves and each other from the horrors of the outside world. I think that is what is part of our downfall. Alpha's were the protectors, Beta's the in between but mainly craftsmen and Omegas were of curse the bearers, the gathers and healers. Now there were rare cases that Omegas and Betas were given higher roles but were looked down upon.

I am one of the rarities and that gave me little chances of finding a partner when I was young. A strong omega isn't as innocent as most Alphas thought to believe and avoided me like a sickness. All but him.Erwin would come to my hut in need of care after a long day of hunting. His body would be coated in different wounds in various of areas making me believe they were self inflected. One day I got annoyed and confronted the idiot.

"Why are you hurting yourself! Are you trying to die!?" I yelled.

Erwin gazed straight into my eyes and answered "I just wanted to see you."

My face heated up at his slight confession and averted my eyes from his intimate gaze. "You're an idiot."

And our relationship developed right then and there.

"Levi. Levi." The memory fades away when I heard being called out from Carla. "Its time to take a break."

Carla leads me out of the stuffy hut to the side where most of the other workers sat and ate. My stomach rumbled causing me to remember I had forgotten my own food back at Eren's. I could care less for my hunger but Floretta needed to eat.

"Here." Carla pulls me down to sit next to her and gave me a proton of her own meal.

I thanked her and began to eat. In a few minutes of silence Carla breaks it by making small talk. We talked about my village but not into depth about the horrors I encountered leaving Carla to tell me about herself.I learned that the man from earlier was her mate and Eren's father. He was the packs main doctor but personally liked making house calls for those who preferred to live little ways away from the populated village. Carla understood his need to get out once and awhile but she said she felt she was being overweighed with responsible.

"He is like a child." She sighed. "Yet I love that man."

I nodded understanding the feeling.

"Thank you Levi I really needed to get that off my chest." Carla smiled full heartedly  that almost looked identical to Eren.

The same is contagious to people like me. A person who doesn't smile so much, especially after the attack. But now, nowadays I've been finding myself smiling more and more and I'm a bit greatful for that.