Five

Eren

The news of what we were possibly going up against was bone chilling. There were several of us who literally shot and passed themselves at the information Hannes told us about. In fact there were hints of him soiling himself as well.

"When I call out your names you'll be assigned to finding a hideout and it be out of the Titans reach as well found quickly."Hannes then pulls put a list of several chosen warriors whom would be able to fullfil the task."Jean, Marco, Annie, Mikasa."

My sister hesitantly steps forward. She is one of the strongest of us all but doesn't flaunt her power like most alpha's would. Her silver eyes land on me as if hoping I would join her and the group. I admit I am strong but my eyes are not as sharp and keen to finding hideouts and such. I am more of a fighter at heart.

Once Hannes was finished Mikasa made a sour face of disapproval. "Isn't Eren allowed to come as well?"

Hannes looked to Mikasa then to me."Would you like to join them Eren?"

I thought about it for a brief moment and remembered my hut and whom were staying there. I couldn't leave them by themselves especially in an new environment full of strangers. Besides like I said I'm a fighter and they'll need all the muscle they can get to protect the village.

"No sir, I would like to stay here and protect the village."I said.

Hannes nodded pleased by my answer and went back to instructing the scouts. Mikasa kept eying me as if expecting me to reconsider of decision but I held my ground. My sister could be extremely motherly towards me and doesn't like it when I'm far from her sight or not knowing where I am. I mean really I have one overbearing mother I highly doubted I needed another one.

Once Mikasa and the others left for their mission the rest of us were given duties to guard the entry of the village and patrol around the forest. I was assigned to portrol the gate for the evening so this gave me plenty of time to head home and check on Levi and the baby.

It was early afternoon so it was lunch time. I planned on making lunch for us but when I entered the house my nose was hit with the mouth watering aroma of food. There in the kitchen sorting the meats and vegables onto two separate plates was Levi with Floretta resting in a sling on his back.

"Smells great."I commented."Although I planned to make lunch today."

Levi cranes his neck a little."Yes but you've already made breakfast and I'll like to do my share and not become some lazy ass freeloader."

"Alright, I will make you dinner before I head out to patrol tonight. I'll be back late."I said as I helped him set the plates and carried them over to the eating area.

"So what are we going to do about Titans?"Levi asked as he began to eat.

I take a bit of the meat and moaned as the juice filled my mouth and down my throat."The scouts are searching for a hideout until all this blows over. Until then the warriors and I are to patrol and protect."

"Hmmm. What can I do."The omega questioned.

"Do?"

"Yeah like what can I do to help."

I lean back a bit to think of what Levi could help with. He seemed to be the type of person that liked to keep his hands busy. But with Florette I didn't want to put to much on his shoulders.

I snapped my fingers."My friend Armin will need help on the fields. Usually I'd help him but with my schedule now full I can't. And my mother might need help in the medical hut. My dad is the tribe doctor and you won't t believe how   those knuckle heads get themselves hurt so much. So mom will really need the help."

"So be a gather and play nurse?"Levi frowned.

I tilt my head not really understanding why he was so upset."Yes?"

"Not because I'm an omega?"

"What? No no no no!"I jumped having my hands in front of me." Like I said we do not judge person by their second gender, or any gender for that matter. Armin and my parents really need the help since I won't be around to help right now."

Levi eyes gazed straight into mine. Searching for any lie."I promise that those are the only reasons I suggested them."

The omega lets out a breath which I saw as a good sign."Okay."

I smiled and continued to gorge down my food.

After fixing dinner for Levi I left the hut early to talk to Armin and my mother. Mom was easy to find since she usually stayed an hour longer on the medical hut to be sure the injured were probably taken cared of. She looked exhausted as sweat dripped down her brow. The heat in the medical hut was equipped with incense and candles to keep the bugs away and other harmful diseases. Which is great for the patients whom laid on the cooling ground covered in light blankets. While it sucked for the workers whom have to move from place to place which tires them out more than anything.

"Mom."I greeted with a wave.

She had just finished refilling the drinking basin when I enter the hut. She smiled brightly at my presences and hurriedly made her way towards me engulfing me in a tight hug before pinching on my sensitive ears.

"Took you long enough to visit your mother."She lightly scolds.

"Sorry sorry. I'll try visiting more often."I chuckled lightly.

"So what do you want?"She asked bluntly."You only come by when you need something."

I felt a little bad since it's true but this want really for me this time. It was for both her and Levi."You know about the new omega I found?"She nodded with a speculating look."Well he wants to work. He doesn't like being stuck in one place all day so I wanted to know if you'd like to have extra hands?"

Mom agreed."I'd appreciate it, ask him if he can start tomorrow afternoon. That is when I'm the busiest."

With that I left promising once agai to visit more often.

Armin was surprisingly a bit difficult to track down. Usually he'd be at home reading books about the world beyond our own. Yet I couldn't find him anywhere and the sun was beginning to set.

After twenty minutes I finslky found him near the fields with a distant look on his face. His body leaked out a pheromone that is used for reaching out to ones mate. Well in Armin's case it would be mates. Horse Face and Freckled Angel were my best friends mates. I understood why he and Marco are mates I mean he is one of kindest and level headed beta's you could ever meet. But why, why Jean? Of all the idiotic alpha's in this village, it had to be Jean? Sadly despite me not liking the situation with long face, the three of them together were a match made by the gods.

"They'll be fine Armin."I reassured the timid boy.

"Yes but Eren, Titans are far worse then any rogue! I just can't help but feel that something is about to go seriously wrong."Armin shuddered.

I place a comforting hand on his shpukder while releasing calming pheromones to ease him." Well don't. They have each others backs and will return to you soon. Now I have a favor to ask."

I explain everything to the bright eyed blond. He was delighted to get to know Levi especially when I mentioned he had a baby. Armin's dream is to birth each of his mates a child. I could already picture the three having freckled and two toned haired babies. And for Armin's sake no colts or fillies.

"Sure I could use the help."Armin looks up at the sky."Shouldn't you be on patrol right about now?"

"Crap!"With that I rushed towards my post a bit satisfied with what was accomplished for the day.