Chapter 5|| tu luz

5:45 pm

By the time I arrive home there was even thunder. I rushed out of the car and scrambled about quickly to find my keys. I managed to get the door open quickly. To my surprise I hear my mom and grandma in the kitchen. I quickly wipe my tears, if any, and decide to go upstairs, since my clothes are drenched with rain water.

Upon reaching my room I quickly shut and lock the door, covering my mouth to cover up my loud sobs. I don't mean to keep crying, but it's the only thing I can do.

I strip from the soaked clothing, and squeeze the excess water in my sink. Once I do this, I hang it up somewhere in my room and then come back in for a shower. I take my time, feeling the hot water relax me slowly, and singing in a low voice. I like to sing, but no one really knows about it, just my Abuela.

I am finally done, and so I step out of the shower, and wrap myself in my lime green towel. I use another towel for my hair, and then I find something to change into like a pair of black loose shorts, and a regular white tee. I remove the towel from my hair, and then I put some knee high socks on, and head downstairs for dinner since it was 7 pm now. I leave my phone upstairs, not caring if any messages from Zabdiel come through, or any calls. I don't want to see him or speak to him.

"¡Hija!" My grandma exclaims when I come into view. A smile grew o my face, and I embrace my tiny grandma, taking in her lavender scent.

"Hola, mamá." I greet as I kiss my mom on the cheek.

"¿En donde estabas, Amelia?" She asks, putting her cup of black coffee down and arching an eyebrow at me.

"Estaba en la librería." I gulp, then turn away so she doesn't see the guilt in my eyes. I don't lie to my mom, and it pains me that I'm doing so now and over a boy who doesn't even like me.

"Eso espero," she comments, and I could feel her stare burn through my back. I bite my lip and shut my eyes for a second to not break down right then and there. Luckily Abuela comes to the rescue.

"Ay, ¡basta Carmen! Deja la niña en paz." My grandma retorts, giving mami a mean look and then turns to me and winks. I laugh a little, and then proceed to help her cook dinner.

🌙🌙🌙

A knock at my door is heard, and my Abuela steps in with a cup in hand.

"¿Te apetece una taza de chocolate caliente?" She sweetly asks, and I nod, and she sits next to me on my bed and hands me it.

"El día que no me apetezca si te puedes empezar a preocupar." I murmur, the sadness evident in my voice now that it's just me and her.

"¿Se trata de un chico?" She asks, and I nod slowly. She caresses my hair as I begin to sip from the cup. "¿Lo quieres?"

"Mucho," I confess, holding back the tears that are pooling in my eyes.

"Sabía que ya pronto tendrías tu primer amor." She says triumphantly. I smile, since she is really all knowing, I don't know how, but she must have a super instinct.

"Zabdiel es súper especial, Abuela." I begin, telling her about the boy that has captured my heart only to shatter it. "Lo quiero mucho, pero temo que mira en otra dirección."