Part 13|| reencuentro

I was still working hard to collect pieces of my life together

I was still working hard to collect pieces of my life together. There were a lot of things I felt like did not make sense according to what my mom has told me. For starters that boy that was in here. He has not came by again, and I'm sure it had to do with my mom said to him. I wanted to ask her, but if figured I'd remember soon enough. So I held off on that for now.

On the other hand I was still waiting for him to come see me as he promised. I wanted to see the face to the sweet voice I had heard, and feel those emotions come over me just by hearing it. I needed answers to as far as how we know each other or met. His words made me feel like he actually did love me, and it was no doubt that I felt the same by my reaction.

I just couldn't seem to put the puzzle together.

Not right now anyway.

🌙🌙🌙

T H I R D   P E R S O N

Zabdiel was starting to pack up his belongings. Tomorrow first thing in the morning he had a plane to board with destination to South America. CNCO's new album was in the making process and staying in Miami put a hold to it— also compromising his job. He wished to stay with Amelia even if he could not see her, but not knowing how she was was killing him. And going to see her would only anger her mom and doom Amelia to be sent away where they would never crossed paths again.

"Zabdi, come on, man. Vamo' a la playa." Richard spoke, styling his newly died hair and smirking at himself in the mirror.

"No quiero," Zabdiel plainly spoke, his words blank of any emotion.

"Entonces que haras? Mirar las cuatro paredes y llorar el día entero? No, man. Vamo' yo se lo que te estoy diciendo." Richard presses, and eventually Zabdiel gave in. Richard had a point, he could not stay waiting around. It was obvious that since Amelia made no efforts to reach him, she had lost her memory. It pained him to know that but maybe it was better this way. She didn't have to remember his behavior towards her for the last few days and she would continue on her life, even believing she's a virgin. She would be able to start her new life with no regrets and happily.

Zabdiel sighs. "Me estoy volviendo loco, Richard. Odio no saber nada de ella." He runs a frustrated hand through his dark brown quiff. No one understood how deeply he longed for even just an 'hola' text from her. Or even just to hear her voice.

"Creo que puedo hacer algo para ayudarte, tengo una amiga aquí en Miami y hace maquillaje para películas y puede transformarte en alguien diferente. Así puedes entrar y hacerte pasar por doctor o lo que sea." Richard suggests, and Zabdiel leaped of joy at the brilliant idea. "Pero eso si , tienes que venir a la playa y después el plan."

Richard stuck out his hand, and raised an eyebrow. Zabdiel's mouth curls up into a big smile and he pulls Richard in by his extended hand for a hug. His heart was newly filled with hopes, and he knew this would work. He had a positive feeling about this. "Con tal de ver a mi mami haria lo que sea. Gracias, hermano!"

The tall boy grabs his beach things, and they are on their way out. Once there they meet up with the rest of the boys and two girls, who Zabdiel did not recognize. Erick had his arm over the short, dark haired one, and the other one was taller and had brunette hair and threw him a flirtatious smile.

"Hola, soy Gwen." She speaks, and flashes him a pearly white smile that any other guy would die for.

🌙🌙🌙

A M E L I A

"Nos vemos mañana, Amelia." My mom kisses my forehead and my grandma embraces me right after. "No te preocupes, ya mañana estarás en casa!" Abuela reassures, and I give her a big smile.  I see them head out and my mom shuts the door behind her. A sigh escapes my lips. I have nothing to do but think about the boy--well, what he might look like and stuff. I have no recollection still, and even though it has only been two days I am growing impatient. I try to turn my brain off for a second by turning on the TV and watching some novelas, which in turn only makes it worse. I hold the teddy bear someone had left for me and wondered if it was the boy.

My phone was ruined in the crash so I have no way of knowing if I have the boy's number or not. I only see my friends at school, and am forbidden to have contact with them because my mom thinks they are a bad influence, even though I only have two best friends. The only person that can know is my grandma. I know she's keeping something from me, I see the guilt in her eyes.

As I think about the boy some more and after a nurse comes in to dim the lights for me my eyes begin to close. I drift into nothingness, with empty hopes of seeing him in my dreams.

🌙🌙🌙

T H I R D  P E R S O N

Zabdiel looked into the mirror in the stranger's house. Richard was in the living rom trying to flirt with the girl, who obviously could not stand his guts because they had a past. The only thing that looked like him were his small, chocolate orbs and the dimple that came up when he smiled. There was a small fake beard on his face, and he looked paler than usual. He was dressed up in janitor attire, and it looked like he had a small beer belly, which made him laugh a bit. For a finishing touch a mole was placed in the left side of his nose. He checked to see if he had the cassette he was carrying around to give to her. He clutched it and brought it out in front of him reading the lettering on it.

"Zabdi, déjanos ver!" The girl called, a hint of irritation in her voice. Zabdiel stuffed the cassette back and walked out for his friends to see.

🌙🌙🌙

The boys distracted the nurse with fake vomiting complaints and fake coughs, while they doubled over in pain. Zabdiel thanked God for his friends and he managed to slip past without getting noticed and broke into a supply closet where he took a cart with cleaning supplies to camouflage himself. He makes his away around, walking about for a few nerve wrecking minutes.

Lucky for him, there's windows that provide view into the patients' rooms. He past by a few, seeing first time moms and fathers holding their babies, elder people fast asleep with their TVs on, and children with parents who sat sleeping in a chair by their bed side. A nurse eyed him a little suspiciously, and he grew stiff and quickly turned his head before she could eye him some more. Zabdiel walked faster too, trying his best to get to Amelia before he was stopped in his tracks. He needed be close to her again, and to plant a kiss on her lips one last time for now. He would be back for her, when she's not in danger of facing her mother's wrath.

A few more windows down his heart was beating faster, as he recalled she was near. He hoped they hadn't moved her, which he was certain they wouldn't.