Chapter 8|| mientes

The next morning a big smile spreads across my face as I awake. Memories of yesterday flood my brain, and a sensation of joy and excitement washes over me. I sit up in bed, only to feel heavy pressure from soreness. I take a deep breath, since it truly does hurt a lot.

Once I manage to do so, I get out of bed and start to walk around my room so that I do not limp for the day. After a couple of laps around my room I am able to walk normally, but the soreness is still present.

My phone rings and I walk to it as fast as I can.

"Buenos días, Luna. ¿Como amaneciste?"  Zabdiel's sweet voice speaks. A huge smile spreads across my face.

"Buenos días, Zabdi. Un poco adolorida, pero bien. ¿Y tú?" I greet, while I attempt to lay down in my bed.

"¿Te hice daño?" He quickly asks, the worry evident in his tone, and I can't help but think of how cute it is when he's protective.

"Nada fuera de lo normal me imagino." I bite my lip, I sure wish I knew I would be hurting this much. I avoid details to keep Zabdiel calm, since I guess it's not a big deal it just hurts. "Estoy bien, no te preocupes."

"Termino aquí y luego paso a verte." He informs, and I smile to myself. Zabdiel always finds a way to be around, even when he's busy with work.

"Esta bien, ya nos vemos. Te quiero." He tells me he loves me back and we hang up. I try to listen to some of CNCO's songs as I pace around my room, trying to help with the pain. I rearrange my room a bit, making the bed look a little bit more tidy, and fixing up my drawing materials and my books on a book shelf. I pick out one to read and place it on my nightstand. In the meantime I go downstairs, making a painful trip, but I wanted to make a little something so Zabdiel and I could eat as we hung out.

I dipped some strawberries into melted chocolate, and set those in the fridge to cool. Then I moved on to making some subs for us, using French bread, tomatoes, lettuce, ham, cheese and condiments (ketchup & mayo). I took a bowl and filled it with chips, and then I decided to make peach-raspberry smoothies.

🌙🌙🌙

I was half asleep, realizing Zabdiel was over an hour late. I sit up in bed, my eyes lazily opening and I check my phone to see if I had received a text.

Nothing.

The lime scented candles I lit were blown out, and I placed my blanket over myself. I sipped the last sip of smoothie, and shrugged as I took a bit of the sandwich.

Maybe he will come soon, I told myself.

So I waited longer.

🌙🌙🌙

7:56 pm

I grunt.

Zabdiel was now over three hours late. It's not that I'm mad he's late, it's that he didn't even bother to tell me he was going to be late that bothers me. I try to remind awake, flipping through channel after channel.

A knock at the door leading to the patio startled me. I see Zabdiel's silhouette in the dawn and get up as quickly as I can.

"Hola!" I greet happy to see him and stepping aside opening the door wider for him to step in. I reach up for a kiss and when I try to deepen it his lips purse. "Estas bien?"

He nods. "Estoy cansado."

"Te prepare algo de comer." I say smiling, hoping to cheer him up with food. He does love when I cook for him. I guide him to my bed and take the tray placing it in front of him as I take a strawberry. It tastes really good, it's one of my guilty pleasures.