Chapter 11 (Let's talk)

(Y/n's pov)

      I led Maurice to the bathroom and crouched on the floor. Opening the cabinets, I searched through the supplies he had.

       "You're going to fix this mug?" he asked and sat on the counter. "No, but I'll help it," I chuckled and stood up. In my arms were a towel, hydrogen peroxide, and bandages. Maurice raised a non-existent eyebrow. He shook his head and closed his eyes. "I'm ready, doctor," he breathed out.

      I set the supplies down on the counter and put some of the hydrogen peroxide on the towel. Maurice looked at the supplies and smirked softly. "I didn't even know I had all of this," he said slightly suprised. "You never bothered to check?" I asked as I pressed the towel on his cheek softly.

   "Ow ow," he hissed and winced softly. "I usually just let my wounds sit until they heal, but then again they aren't that bad in the first place," he said.

    "Also, why did he take you in the first place?" I asked and dabbed the towel on his wound some more. "Some shit about wanting you to himself and blah blah...." he rolled his eyes.

     I was taken aback by this and looked at him shocked. I took the towel off of his face and stepped back a bit. Leaning against the wall, I squinted my eyes at him. "Why would he want me?" I asked him confused. "Snik likes fresh meat. You're also a pretty girl," he said and shrugged lightly. "I thought I killed him before, but he managed to survive."

       "Yeah, Brian told me that," I sighed softly and patted Maurice's cheek softly with the dry end of the towel. He perked up at the mention of his friend. "He said he misses you," I said, noticing that it perked his interest. Maurice smiled softly as I set a bandage over his wound.

      "He was my only real friend," he said and looked straight at me. I chuckled softly and looked back at him. "Don't get all mushy on me now," I said and taped the bandage down. Maurice smiled at me and rubbed the back of his neck. I stepped back and he jumped off of the counter.

        "Can't you visit him?" I asked.
"Yeah, but he can't stay up all night listening to me be a dumbass. He's going to be going to college soon, so I'm not going to see him at all," he said. "And it sucks he can't come down here anymore," he continued. 

     I leaded against the wall again and folded my arms over my chest. "Were you a human before?" I asked. "Yeah, of course," he said casually. I made a confused face and he chuckled softly. "You have a lot to learn," he said and motioned for me to follow him. He ran into the living room with me following behind him. He picked up a picture a handed it to me. It seemed to be a missing person picture that was cut out from a milk carton.

       "That handsome devil is your one and only," he said with a smile. I looked at Maurice and then back at the picture. The person was a teen with black hair, light skin and brown eyes. Setting the picture down I looked back up at him. "How old were you when you got here?" I asked.
"19, which is rare, because they usually take younger kids." Maurice replied. "I've been stuck at that age since." I nodded softly and said," I guess it's rare for me too then since I'm 16." He nodded back at me.
"Did you get to the Underworld the same way I did?" I asked.
"Yeah, I guess. You see, what the monsters would do is get kids to love this place, so they want to stay here forever. We get new monsters by doing that," he explained and flopped on the couch. "We don't do it anymore really since Boy died," he said and laid down.

     This made me a bit more confused and I had some more questions. I walked over to the couch, staring down at him. Maurice had closed his eyes and put his hands behind his head.
"Who is that?" I asked.
"Who is who?" he asked back.
"Boy."
"Oh, he used to run this place."
"Then who runs it now?"
"Damn, you sure do ask a lot of questions," he said, opening his eyes and gave me a goofy smile. "No one." I smiled back and moved his legs so I could sit down next to him, but replaced them back on my lap. "I think I'm done with the questions for now," I said and closed my eyes. I heard him mumble something under his breath and then the faint noise of snoring. I looked at the sleeping Maurice before I fell asleep myself.

(PLEASE READ THIS)

   I don't know if I should start a new Maurice x reader. I wished I did things in the start of the story that I didn't get to do and it's too late to do it now. Tell me if I should ditch this story and start a new one or complete this one and start a better one.