Chapter 28 (Home)

(Y/n's pov)

I inhale deeply as I enter Boy's old mansion. There is still racks of toys in the middle and a stage at the front. Behind it should be the actual house.

Maurice looks around the room beside me as we drag our bags up the stage and behind the curtain. What we see is a beautifully decorated and classy living room with a kitchen next to it. There's a long hallway to my left.

"Holy fuck," Maurice breaths out as he looks around. I smile wide and glance at my boyfriend. I slowly set down the bags in my hand and grab Maurice's hand, dragging him down the hallway.

There are five doorways and I pick the first one. I look inside to see a decent sized guest bedroom. "Boring," Maurice says and closes the door, going to the next one.

"What's behind door number two?!" Maurice says dramatically before swinging the door open.

What was shown shook me to the bone. A bathroom. A boring, yet classy bathroom.

"Is that Kurt Cobain?" Maurice questions and points to a edgy painting hanging on the wall over the toilet. I tilt my head to the side, studying the man. "Yeah, I think so."

Maurice slowly closes the door and turns to me, chuckling softly. "I didn't know Boy was a Nirvana fan," he said.

"You learn something new everyday," I say before going to the next door.

"This one is going to be good," Maurice says and puts his hand on the doorknob. "My psychic side is tingling."

I laugh and roll my eyes. He grins as he opens the door, showing an office with bookshelves around the walls. I grin wide and slowly walk in. "I told you! I'm a fucking psychic!" Maurice shouts and walks in after me.

I look around and go to the desk in the middle. I run my hand over the wood, getting dust on my fingertips. I spot file cabinets at the back of the room.

"Can we go through those later?" I ask and Maurice's eyes follow mine to the cabinets.

"Totally. I really want to see the weird shit Boy was hiding," Maurice agrees before we walk out the door, closing it behind us.

We walk to the next door and I open it, not saying some extra shit. My mouth drops when I see the master bedroom.

"It's fucking huge," I say as I look around. The room is beautifully decorated like the rest of the house and just really fucking extra.

I looked at Maurice and he grinned wide at me. I went to the gigantic bed and flopped down on it. I smile wide, staring out the ceiling. I squeal in excitement as Maurice plops down next to me.

I would never think that I'd have a house this big. Ever. And to be living in it with the person I love the most mind-blowing to me.

"This is fucking insane," Maurice said, making me look at him. I slowly climbed onto his lap, laying my legs on either side of him.

Maurice looked up at me with a blank face. He stared at me for a moment before speaking. "I'm scared, (Y/n)," he almost whispered.

I tilted my head to the side. "Why?"

"Are things going to be the same? Like what we do for fun?" he asks, making me smile softly. I lean down close to his face. "Of course, baby," I say softly and peck his lips. He grinned happily at me. "I trust you."  

We spent that night redecorating and making the mansion more homey, finding out the last door was just the master bathroom and closet.  

We went out and stole a bunch of things from kid's houses, filling the rooms with different objects.