Chapter 14 (Young Love and A Happy New Year)

(A/n)
I can't put two YouTube videos, but look up Black Hole Sun by Soundground. The music video is really weird. Watch out.
(Y/n's pov)

I quickly walked up the stairs to a kid's room. I pulled myself through and climbed out from under the bed.

I needed to cool myself down. As much as I wanted Mickey to come visit me again, it wasn't the main thing I was mad about.

Why can't Maurice notice that I only like him and no one can change that? I want to show him that.

I sighed heavily and looked around. The kid wasn't in the room. He sleeps downstairs now because he's scared of the little monsters. Perfect.

I ran my hand over my pocket, feeling the cassette that I stole from Mickey as I looked for something to play it. I spot a boom box on the dresser, grabbing it quickly. I then spot two cases of beers on the ground and grin. Just something to make me more relaxed. (Don't drink, kids)

I looked around to find anything else I might want. On the nightstand, I see a clock. 11:30. There was also the date. December 31st. I chuckled to myself. I had no idea that the next year started so soon. In thirty fucking mintues. This is probably why the kid wasn't in the room. Not because he was scared of us, but because he wanted to celebrate New Years.

I grabbed a sweater that must be over sized for the kid, but fit me just right. Putting it on, I saw that I was right. I opened the window and grabbed the boom box and beer, climbing out. I felt a blow of cold air on my skin, making my face redden. I walked onto the roof, being careful not to fall because of how slippery it was. I climbed to the top and smiled happily at what I saw, all my stress going away.

I saw the huge mountains that were covered in trees and snow. Lights were scattered around for people celebrating the new year. In the middle was a lake where a boat was. Coming from the boat were beautiful fireworks that exploded in the sky. This is why I picked this kid's house. To see this.

I stuck my hand into my back pocket, pulling out the cassette. I stuck it into the boom box and hit play. The song started playing and I smiled to myself. I immediately laugh softly, recognizing the song. Lithium by Nirvana.
This boy, I swear.(I picked a song from 1995 or earlier, because it adds up with the timeline, Brain going to college and all.)

I grab a beer and crack it open, taking a sip. I hear a bump and a male voice hiss, "Fuck." I roll my eyes, recognizing the voice. Maurice. Of course.

"Come to ruin New Year day for me?" I asked and took a sip of the beer, not looking away from the view. There wasn't any fireworks going off now. I guess they were waiting for midnight. Maurice chuckled softly and sat next to me, rubbing his head. I didn't look away from the mountains.

Maurice sighed softly before looking at me, but before he said anything I stopped him, "Save it, Maurice. You're obviously too immature to be in a relationship," I said harshly. I sounded mean, but at the time I didn't think twice. He went silent and stared at the view. I sighed softly and looked at him.

"I have to forgive you eventually, don't I?" I said softly and grabbed a beer. He looked at me hopefully as I handed him the beer. "I mean, you're going to be homeless if you don't." Maurice shrugged as he cracked the beer can open, taking a big gulp. I smirked slightly and looked at the can that was in my hands. My hands were freezing and I could see my warm breath is was so cold. I covered my hands with the sweater, but Maurice didn't seem phased by the cold.