Chapter 24 (Mom Cigarettes)

(Y/n's pov)

"And that's why I should be your leader. Thank you," I finish talking and set down the notebook in my hands with a smug smile on my face.

Maurice smiles wide at me and claps his hand together. "Beautiful," he says happily before hugging me tightly.

I laugh lightly and wrap my arms around his neck. "The monsters will actually think you wrote it?" I ask which Maurice nods at. I smile brightly as he kisses my cheek.

I know it's bad that he didn't write his own speech, but I did make him do this and he did help make it prefect, so I guess it's fine.

I lean back slightly while still holding onto him to get a better look of his face. I study his grinning face which makes him laugh at me. "What?"

"You're really pretty," I reply which makes him laugh a bit more. "Thank you, baby."

I let go of Maurice and he flops down on the couch with an 'oof'. "I can't wait until I get to see Snik's face when we win," he says with a smirk.

I sit down next to him and lean my head on his shoulder. I nod slightly, agreeing with him.

"Fucking mom cigarette as bitch," I hear Maurice say under his breath which makes me laugh.

"Mom cigarettes?" I question and look at him. Maurice raises an eyebrow at me and nods. "Snik smokes mom cigarettes."

I laugh at him and lean towards the coffee table, picking up a pack of cigarettes. I lean back and hold them up so he can see.

"Ultra Lights, Maurice?" I laugh and fling them into his lap. Maurice rolls his eyes, but smirks lightly. "I do not smoke mom cigarettes." 

"Then what's that?" I ask and point to the cigarettes in his lap. Maurice slowly picks him up, trying to think of something else that he could say about the cigarettes.

"Whatever." He shakes his head, not being able to think of anything. I grin proudly as he takes a cigarette out of the pack.

Maurice puts it up to my lips and I take it in between my teeth. He takes the lighter and lights the cigarette for me.

I inhale the smoke before giving it to Maurice. I blow it through my nose as he takes a drag.

"Maybe I do smoke mom cigarettes," Maurice admits as I lean my head against his shoulder again.

I smile wide, looking at him. "You finally face the truth," I giggle. Maurice takes the cigarette away from his lips before kissing me softly.