Ocean

There was a frog lived in a very old well, he was born and raised in the well as like the other frogs lived there. None of these frogs know what lies beyond the well. The dark well and its broken stones are their world.

Though these frogs dont know anything except the well, their ancestors were not like them, they were born in the ocean , Terrorized by the horrors of the ocean they travelled all the way to this well, to let their successors live a peaceful life. But it wasnt very peaceful for the frogs though. There was also a snake inhabitated the well. And it hunts and preys upon the frogs each day.

  To escape the snake , the frogs created some strict rules, which made sure they survive. The old frog lived all his life by following the rules, without making any mistakes at all. Because of its sincerity, it survived longer than any frog that ever lived in the well.

   There were also lots of stories about the ocean. Which were told generation to generation until they lost the origin of those stories. Almost all of those stories described how cruel and terrorizing the ocean was. There were stories about  giant tides, monstrous whales, cruel sharks , poisonous fishes and all the gruesome ways to die in the ocean.

The old frog believed that as long as he folowed the rules he would survive but One fine day the old frog was accidentally caught in a bucket of a village woman while fetching water from the well.

She threw the frog away to the near by canal, which in turn pushed it to a fierce river, pulled by the river's current, it reached the ocean. As soon as he glimpsed the wailing waves, he knew this was the  horrifying ocean that it heard from the stories.

He felt all the scary stories abt the ocean were true. The giant tides and poisonous predators mighty whales everything were true. While he tried to swim away from the ocean. One giant tide engulfed the scared frog and pulled it under the ocean.

The frog never opened his eyes under the ocean. he didnt want to see what kills him. He thought by closing eyes he could feel like it was his old well.  He just swimmed as fast as he could to reach the shore, but no matter how hard he swimmed he never reached the shore . after gravely tired, he opened his eyes. And the majestic ocean came alive before his eyes.

It was a gorgeous sight. The sun light pierced the water like streaks of silver light and it iluminated whatever crossed its path. The plants and rocks glittered like jewels, the corals danced in the muffled silence. He looked around at the glittering plants , colourful fishes, strange species, breathing oyestors and their shining pearls.

His fear vanished at the very moment. A sudden urge of joy flow throughout his body. his eyes never closed. He started swimming and he swimmed and swimmed and swimmed, his legs never feel tired,  He didnt even feel hungry. he enjoyed each and every moment, he met sharks and whales which never cared to notice him. poisonous fishes acted as if the frog doesnt exist. For once he thought he is invisible,.

Then he saw a snake which looked very familiar to the one he feared in the well, but he didnt care to run, the snake attacked and swallowed the old frog. but it didnt cry or regret, because he lived, it didnt matter how long he lived,
But He lived long enough to not have regrets.
He lived long enough to not fear death.

Live long enough to not fear death.