8.) Royalty's Glass Heart

She was obsessed and screwed. The princess could not find any other words to state her situation. The plan was obsurd, the mere thought of it was obsurd! Why would she even think of such a thing? To exploit the condition of her friend, the one she loved, for her own benefit alone? Zelda cursed herself for screwing up. Dinner (if you could even call it that) was a disaster and she was tired of embarrassing herself in the worst way possible.

The conversation etched itself into her mind, determined to haunt her for the days to come.

"You . . . what?"

Her eyes widened when she realized she had spoken aloud. He looked so hurt. So, so hurt. Both physically and emotionally. Zelda felt her heart snap into a billion pieces.

"Y-you wanted to use that a-against me?! Princess, I-I don't understand why
. . . I just—no . . .I should go."

"Link, wait. I didn't mean—. . . Wait, That's not what I meant to say!"

"Then what did you want to say? 'Hey Link, I know you're still remembering things, so I am going to try and twist the truth into something that I can use for my own benefit. I want you to be with me and not your fishy boyfriend.'
Because in my mind, there isn't any other way to say what you just did."

"I guess you're right. . ."

Zelda let the tears cascade down her face, the waterfall of sorrow would not halt anytime soon. She had ignored the pleas from the Zora Prince to stay and talk this out; Zelda ran to the room stayed in, shut the door and slid down the wall. There was definitely no going back this time.

Instead of gently bringing down those walls Link had worked so hard to build, she ransacked everything by tearing it down all at once. She shattered them just like she had her own heart.

Why . . .

Why did she have to be so ignorant?

~~~~~

I am really sorry about the chapters being really short. I have writer's block at the moment and it's not kind. I'm sort of avoiding what I need to write while still writing it. Does that make sense? Well, Im starting to get serious with finishing this story.

Starting with writing the next chapter!

I hoped you enjoyed how little this was.

Again, I apologize.

Starting to get serious starting with next chapter!

I have some serious character development to work on.

And it would be greatly appreciated if you took the time to message me any suggestions; constructive criticism is always welcomed.