Chapter 5

*Quick little note: It's been a while since I've published, I discovered many mistakes in the pre-written chapters and I've seen it become an obstacle to keep on writing, but I finally have overcome it kind of by deciding to publish it anyway with all the mistakes and all! x3. So, sorry it took a while! I know it's far from perfect, but I hope you won't mind as much. I'm planning on publishing the pre-written chapters more frequently from now on.
Enjoy the reading ^-^!*
~~~~

Chapter 5

'Did something happen?', Cheryl asked surprised when Blossom stormed in. She read her sister like a magazine. Or maybe Blossom was just easy to read sometimes. 'No', answered Blossom, unable to explain everything. You honestly wouldn't want to know. 'How was everything today?', asked Blossom while dropping herself on the couch. 'Don't change the subject', said Cheryl, 'You know, I've been thinking, maybe you should go to a doctor since you're not feeling that well these days.' Blossom jumped up. 'No!', she exclaimed. Cheryl looked at her surprised. 'I mean-', Blossom tried to recover herself. 'I'm already feeling a bit better, so it would just be a waste of time.' She nervously pulled at her clothes. 'If you're afraid you will miss school for it, we could go after school. It won't take that long, you know.'
'Yeah I know, but I'm already feeling better, I forgot to tell you.' Cheryl looked deep in Blossom's eyes to discover what she was hiding, but she couldn't find it. 'Well then, it's good that you are feeling better', she said eventually. Blossom nodded. That was a close one, she thought. Cheryl began talking about her day and while she was doing that, she walked to the kitchen. She opened the fridge and pulled out something to eat. Blossom didn't know what it was, but it smelled terribly. She put her sleeve against her nose on a subtle way, but the smell came through. It was as if destiny was telling her she should stop the lying. 'I'm going to the bathroom', she told Cheryl and she quickly ran upstairs. She was relieved she could escape in time, but she couldn't hold her lunch inside any longer and she threw up in the toilet. Why did it always happen at Cheryl's place? At least Cheryl couldn't hear her this time from downstairs. When she was done she flushed the toilet. 'Blossom', Blossom heard Cheryl say from behind her, she looked around. 'Something seems really not okay. Something must be done.' Since when was she standing there? 'No-I swear I'm fine. I just need to recover a little bit more, that's all.' She found herself sounding like a drug addict who didn't want to go to rehabilitation. Cheryl shook her head. 'I don't understand why you don't want to go to the doctor, I think you really need to know what's wrong- at least I want to know now because I'm worried. I'm going to call mom to see what she thinks.' Cheryl went downstairs again. Blossom closed her eyes and cursed inside. Now Cheryl was about to snitch her to their mother and there was nothing she could do to stop her. She didn't want the doctor to tell her family what was going on with her, she wanted to tell it on her own. but if she was going to the doctor, she had to tell it soon.
Blossom went downstairs and listened to Cheryl who was talking through the phone with their mom. After awhile Cheryl hung up on the phone. 'Mom says that you will talk about it when you get home.' Blossom couldn't help but to feel annoyed. It wasn't Cheryl's job to interfere in this. 'Fine', she answered annoyed. 'I'm going home now.'
'Do you want a lift?'
'No, I can take the bus'
Blossom didn't hear what Cheryl said to her while she was grabbing her things and left the house. She was kind of mad at Cheryl for doing that without her wanting to. She knew that she meant it well, but somehow she couldn't react to her sensible thoughts. Blossom ran as hard as she could so she could let all her negativity out. Now she had to go home and face her parents.
She entered her house and immediately heard her mother come down the stairs. 'I got the call from Cheryl', she said. Blossom rolled with her eyes, the run to let all her negativity out hadn't had much effect. Mrs. Peace walked to the living room and Blossom followed her. Her mother sat down at the couch and grabbed the phone. 'I think it's a good idea to go to the doctor, just to know his opinion. If everything's okay then you haven't lost anything in the end, right?' Blossom sighed. There was no way to get out of this mess. 'I guess', she answered. Her mother smiled, she was proud of herself that she achieved the cooperation of her daughter. 'Do you think this Thursday is good?' Blossom remembered the party. For the first time she actually felt glad that she was going to that party. 'I can't, I'm going to that party I told you about.' Her mother nodded thoughtfully. 'Then, next week on Thursday?'
'I got a test for that Friday'
'It's only for half an hour'
'It's a really hard test I really need to spend all my time on' Mrs. Peace sighed. 'I'm going to call the doctor to see when he's available' She grabbed the phone and rang the doctor. After the assistant answered Mrs. Peace asked for an appointment. 'Do you have an excuse for next month?' Blossom shook her head. 'Then that's settled' Blossom couldn't believe that she only had about a month until everyone found out about her secret. A month, would that be enough?