Chapter 6

To Blossom's great surprise, he hadn't come back to her school the next day. Perhaps that she was the one that had intimidated him now? Blossom wanted to believe that now it was finally over and that it maybe wasn't that bad that Jay had forced her to concur her ''fear'', although it hadn't been her fear since he came to her school. Somehow she had managed to stop Jay from walking straight on their way home again after that, now Jay did listen to her, but he said that she didn't need be afraid of anything. Blossom just nodded and smiled, but it was the best thing not to look for trouble, at least for any more than she already had.
The Jay Bae's were quiet as well, they hadn't asked her any more questions about Jay or her. Blossom figured that that meant that they hadn't seen her with Jay the other day, or the days after.
The day of Jay's, or his friend's, party arrived and before Blossom went home with Ida she bumped into Jay when she was putting on her jacket. 'Hey' Jay pulled a bottle of water out of his bag and drunk from it. 'Hey' answered Blossom, trying to zip up her jacket. 'You're coming to the party today, right?' Jay asked her. Blossom finally got her zipper up and looked at him. 'Yeah, I'm going to Ida's now to prepare or something'
'Well, I hope we will see each other there in that case' Blossom smiled. 'Yeah. But I must go, I'm making them wait on me' Jay nodded that he understood and Blossom went to the others. She wasn't sure if they had seen her talk to him, but they didn't say a thing, so she guessed not. 'This is going to be so much fun, mark my words' said Ida full confidence. 'There's my car, I think we'll fit perfectly' She pointed to a bright red car with an open roof. 'I'm scared' whispered Blossom to Katie. Katie giggled. 'Me too'

They arrived at Ida's house-or better said, villa- and walked straight in. 'Hello?' shouted Ida through the house. No response. 'It seems that my parents aren't home yet' She threw her bag and coat on a couch and walked on. 'Every time we come here, I get so amazed' Talin said. Describing exactly what Blossom and Katie were feeling. They were gazing around and as if they were in some kind of trance they followed Ida, without losing sight of their surroundings. Everything seemed so posh and was beautifully furnished. It almost seemed as if everything had a layer of sparkle and everything shined so bright Blossom thought it would illuminate darkness. Blossom thought that it wouldn't get much better than this, but when Ida opened her bedroom, she regretted her thought immediately. The most of her furniture were purple and white. Ida had a bedroom that was bigger than Blossom's living room and a bed that wouldn't have ever fit in Blossom's room. 'I brought some make-up' Kainoa said as she pulled a big bag out of her handbag.
'Okay, I suggest that we first make ourselves ready, then maybe we can do a little game and then we finish our make-up and then we can go to the party, of course after we have posted a selfie on Instagram. We will arrive exactly half an hour late' Everybody seemed to agree with Ida's plan. 'I will make Blossom ready' Can't I make myself ready? 'I do Katie' said Valerie, they all teamed up and made a salon out of Ida's bedroom. Talin, Kainoa and Sapphire had to change turns between them.
'So, I saw that just before we left, you were talking to Jay again' said Ida while she was pulling Blossom's hair up. Blossom was a little skeptic about Ida having the power of her hair and face, but there was nothing she could do about it. So they did see me talking to him. 'He just asked if we were coming tonight' answered Blossom as normal as she could.
'You've been hanging out a lot with him lately, haven't you?' Blossom saw a strange reaction in
Sapphire. It was as if something hit her and she tried to recover from the blow. 'No, I mean, we do talk sometimes, but that's all. I'm sure he talks to everyone' 'Definitely not to everyone' said Talin. 'He does talk to other girls, though'
'Yes, but not the same as he talks to Blossom' Ida insisted. 'And he definitely doesn't walk the others home' she put on a mischievous expression.
'That was just a few times'
'A few? So it was more than just one time?' Blossom cursed in her mind, she forgot that they didn't know about that.
Ida pulled a little too hard in her hair.
'Just twice'
'I knew that he would ask you more often, I can see why, you're a pretty girl after all'
Blossom didn't know what to say to that, she felt wrong about everything Ida was saying to her. She didn't understand why, but there was something that didn't feel right.
'Has anyone seen my mascara?' said Kainoa, who was now making Sapphire ready.
'You always lose everything' Valerie said.
'I can't help it, I just got a lot of stuff'
Blossom was glad that Kainoa changed the subject, she could definitely feel some tension increase as Ida was asking her all those questions. Or maybe it was just her own tension, she couldn't tell.
After everyone was done with the first round, Ida said they all had to come sit in a circle.
She had told Blossom that she couldn't yet see how she looked like. Blossom tried to be optimistic about the result, Ida hadn't even hurt her that much, the roots of her hair hurt, but besides that everything felt still in place. She looked at Katie. 'Wow, Blossom, you look amazing'
'I know right?' said Ida proud.
'Thanks' said Blossom to Katie. Blossom knew that everything was better than how she would have done her make-up, but she still had felt a little cautious of what to expect from Ida. She didn't expect Ida to try her best on her.
'How do I look?' Katie asked. The truth was that Blossom had seen Katie get ready for other parties and she could do a much better job than Valerie. She didn't know if Valerie had done it on purpose or not, but there was no point in wondering.
'You look amazing yourself as well' Katie smiled and clapped in her hands.
'Can we have pizza or something?' said Talin. It was nice to see that the Jay Bae's were so close that they acted as if Ida's house was their's as well. They clearly had a long history together.
'Pizza lies in the freezer. Sapphire, why don't you warm it up for us?'
'Right' answered Sapphire and she went downstairs to the kitchen.
Every word that came out of her mouth sounded tired and sad, but she seemed so nice. Blossom felt sorry for her, but she didn't know why.
'Shall we do truth or dare?' asked Valerie.
'Yeah, Truth or dare!' Talin immediately said excited.
Blossom was again a little unsure if that would be a good idea. To her surprise she wasn't the only one who thought that. 'We could also watch a movie or something' suggested Kainoa. 'With popcorn and stuff'
'Oh, I love popcorn' said Talin, she was all excitement for everything it seemed.
Sapphire came back from the kitchen with a plate with pizza on it and sat down in the circle again. Even the pizza looked shiny. Everyone grabbed a piece.
'We're voting, who says truth or dare?' said Ida. Ida raised her hand and so did Valerie. Talin had a difficult time deciding. Ida looked at Blossom and Katie, Blossom felt that she was expected to raise her hand as well, but she didn't want to. She was afraid of what could be coming. She looked at Katie, but she had already raised her hand, Blossom felt a little betrayed for a moment, but then raised her hand as well and so did Kainoa and Talin. To Blossom's surprise Sapphire didn't. Perhaps she had a certain influence on Ida that wouldn't make Ida hate her for it. They were best friends after all.
'Okay, that's decided' Ida looked satisfied. 'We'll start with Valerie and then go to the left'
That meant that she would come next.
Valerie thought for a moment.
'Talin, truth or dare?'
Talin looked up with a thoughtful expression and her mouth pulled to one side.
'Dare' she answered eventually.
'Turn two hundred circles and then walk a straight line'
Talin did what Valerie said to her and counted out loud. Everybody was laughing when she reached two hundred, she tried to walk a straight line, but fell on the bed who stood next to her. Talin stayed there for a few moments.
'My turn' Ida looked at everyone in the circle and stopped at Blossom.
'Blossom' as she pronounced her name Blossom felt a sting in her stomach. Exactly what she didn't want, happened. Blossom looked up and saw some pleasure in Ida's eyes.
'Truth or dare?' Blossom didn't know what would be better. All choices were wrong. Although, when she looked back at it, maybe truth would have been better. Considering she could have just lied. Sadly, she wasn't as smart back then. 'Dare' she answered. A grin appeared on Ida's face. 'Dare, huh? Let me think of something' she said, as if she hadn't already planned everything beforehand. 'I know something' Ida leaned in while she looked at Blossom and lowered her voice. 'Kiss Jay at the party'
Sapphire looked up and starred at Ida, she clearly wanted to say something, but something stopped her. Blossom couldn't say anything. She regretted every decision that had brought her here. 'What?' she said, she couldn't stand the grin on Ida's face. She knew what game Ida was trying to play, but it wouldn't work on her. 'Kiss Jay' repeated Ida as if it was a normal thing to do. Talin laughed. 'Yes! Blossom, please! We all know that you like each other' Blossom looked from Talin to Ida. Were they really serious? Was this considered as fun? It didn't make sense. They all liked Jay, but they still all agreed that she had to kiss him. What were they thinking?
'But isn't it more fun if she must do something now instead of then? We maybe won't be able to see it otherwise' Kainoa said bored.
Ida thought about it. 'Nah, I don't need to see it, knowing she has done it is enough for me'
'Yeah, you're right! This is going to be so fun!' said Kainoa convinced. Ida did a hair flip.
'I'm always right. However, Blossom, if you won't do it, there will be a punishment for you' Ida said it with a smile, it was probably all a game for her. Blossom looked at Sapphire, who looked at the carpet. Katie bit on her lip as she watched Blossom struggle with Ida's wish. 'It's my turn now' she said.