thirteen.

WHAT WAS USUALLY GREEN WAS NOW SCORCHED BLACK, ORANGE FLAMES DANCING AROUND THE DEAD ZONE

WHAT WAS USUALLY GREEN WAS NOW SCORCHED BLACK, ORANGE FLAMES DANCING AROUND THE DEAD ZONE. Nela felt like she had been stabbed in the heart as she approached the area that had been destroyed by the second fallen star. This was a much larger landing than the first, stretching a good distance in every direction. This ship hadn't been as lucky as the first one.

She had dismounted her loyal steed and tied him to the trunk of a tree far from the wreckage before she had trekked to the wreckage site. Her nose had picked up the smell of burnt plants before she was able to see what had happened. When she came to the edge of the site, she felt heartbroken. Every living thing in this forest had a soul and so many of them had been wiped out because of the sky people.

What used to be a lush green forest was now a grey, desolate dead zone that housed nothing but artifacts from a fallen ship. She stepped lightly around the wreckage, light eyes running over everything. Technology, unlike anything she had ever seen before littered the ground around her, burnt skeletons of human beings among them.

At the sound of voices, her head swiped up from its downward position towards the sound. There were multiple voices along with multiple sets of footsteps. The sky people weren't exactly skilled at walking quietly. She retreated back into the woods, but not out of eyesight of the crash. She'd be able to see them, but knowing their skill level, they wouldn't be able to see her.

She watched as a reasonably large group of sky people walked into her vision, a majority of them holding mountain weapons. She hissed angrily as she saw Clarke walk among them, looking as confused and somber as ever. Perhaps she had someone she loved in the crash, or perhaps she was just upset that her people weren't there to help.

There was no one else to help skaikru. No one was coming, not like they said they would. At that thought, Nela's anger turned into amusement. They had no idea what was coming for them.

She watched in silence as the group of people scattered around the crash, looking through the wreckage and digging for something.

"Fire in the hole!" A girl in red called, tossing a rock into some orange flames.

Nela flinched back from her hiding place when an explosion occurred. She didn't know what had happened, but something reacted with something and caused a boom. Her hand instinctively reached for her spear, but Nela hadn't brought her weapon of choice with her today. She had brought no weapons — a dumb decision on her part — because she didn't think she'd need one.

She was only here to scout the wreckage site and see what had happened. She wasn't supposed to make any contact, and Nela was excellent at going unseen. It was a skill every warrior needed and it was one of the first things Oden had taught her how to do. But, like any other time she left to go scout the enemy, she had on a mask. It was the same one she always wore, only showing her eyes that had a startling effect on her enemies.

They group to walk around the wreckage, guns pointed and eyes alert. A tall boy loomed over the rest of the group, talking about being alert. The tall boy had to be the Bellamy that Murphy had told her about. He certainly didn't look like a teenager, nor did he act like one. He had a sense of authority that no one else but Clarke held and the nameless people looked to him for direction. Now that she knew what he looked like, she was rather unimpressed.

Behind his gun and his height, he didn't seem to be a formidable opponent. She figured he got away with his authority because of his age and his attitude. There was no way he had earned his rank the way she had earned hers. Clarke at least was smart, she didn't figure that Bellamy held anything of importance in his toolbelt.

Nela retreated into the woods as the teens began to head out. She had seen everything she needed to, from the crash to the other leader. She walked quickly to her horse through the forest, walking the fine line between the dead and the living. Her left foot touched down on the black ground while her right always hit healthy, brown dirt. It reminded her that she needed to get back to her people and she needed to stop skaikru before they caused even more destruction.

She approached her stallion, glancing behind her at the crash site in the distance. She could no longer see it, but she could still smell the burning flesh of the forest. Her head turned to her horse and she stopped in her tracks, every single one of her senses jolting to attention. Someone was by her stallion and he had his gun pointed directly at her.

ayy lmao i love clarke sm and like i think she deserves so much better tbh like she's been through so much let my bby nap ok