twenty three.

THE SKY PEOPLE HAD ATTEMPTED TO HIDE, PROVING HOW THEY WERE NOT UNLIKE THE SHEEPISH MOUNTAIN MEN

THE SKY PEOPLE HAD ATTEMPTED TO HIDE, PROVING HOW THEY WERE NOT UNLIKE THE SHEEPISH MOUNTAIN MEN. Nela rolled, coming up on her feet as they landed inside the ship. The three warriors stood side by side, facing dozens of sky people inside the small container. Nela's heart raced as she tried to come up with a plan that would help them win.

"Jasper, now!" Clarke ordered a lanky boy who held a switch.

He clicked it, but nothing happened. Nela shot a sideways glance to Salem, who met her eyes. She could practically see the bloodthirsty grin on his face, his exposed skin covered his sticky red blood. She couldn't see a single patch of his skin, from the bottom of his eyes to the middle of his forehead. All she saw was blood.

Her eyes swept through the crowd as she looked to Anya, who looked quizzically at the sky people. They had options in front of them, the three of them could possibly take out all of them if they wanted — but they had to get it done now. Anya let out a war cry, signaling for the other two warriors accompanying her to charge.

Nela's hands reached for her sword as Salem practically leaped into the crowd, Anya not far behind him. Before her hand could reach the hilt, however, a blunt object hit the back of her head, forcing her to crumple down to the ground.

On the metal floor, she was an instant target for the crowd of children, who eagerly stormed forward, their boots thirsting for some blood. From the sound of the rowdiness, she assumed that her comrades had fallen as well. The kicks came harder and harder until Clarke stopped the crowd.

"We are not grounders."

If Nela's entire body hadn't been numbed, she might've laughed out loud. They were deciding that they weren't like them, but how many of their people had killed? How many sky people were responsible for the death of Nela's people?

Suddenly, a barely heard groan ran throughout the ship, a wave of energy leaving the metal container. Nela's head turned to the closed door as a pair of hands hoisted her up and carried her away from the entrance. She didn't know what had happened outside, but she wanted to know. Fear crept into her stomach as she remembered Thesda was still on the outside. How had she lost her second in battle?

Nela began to lecture herself as a sky boy tied her hands a little too tightly. She was responsible for Thesda, she was in charge of the young warrior. She looked to her side, seeing Salem and Anya bound as well.

"What did they do?" She asked them, worry in her voice as she spoke in her own language.

Anya shook her head as Salem looked at the sky people hungrily. "I don't know."

"Speak English or don't speak at all." A girl snapped at them, pointing a gun at them.

A string of insults left Salem's mouth rapidly as he cursed the girl in trigedaslang. A hoot of laughter left Nela's mouth before she could stop it, seeing the girl back away in fear from the swearing man covered in her people's blood.

"Yu laik branwoda!" Salem screamed at the girl, who blended into the crowd with regret.

The three warriors quieted down as time continued to pass on. Nobody knew how long had passed when the doors creaked open again and various sky people grabbed the warriors by the arms. They were escorted out into the open, the sun hitting their faces. They had been kept in the container all night, but that's not what worried Nela.

The sight of a massacre worried Nela as she looked around, ashes and bones littering the once brown dirt. A cry of despair left her lips as she sank to her knees, grey eyes scanning the remains of her people around her. Bones were the only thing she could see as she desperately hoped to see a sign that her second was not one of the corpses.

She looked to Clarke, who glanced at the destruction she had once again caused, when a trail of pink smoke appeared in front of her. Nela was too tired and too full of grief to fight the mountain men, who had come because of the people who had just captured her. 

"Mountain men," Anya muttered ominously to the boy holding her.

Nela held her breath as long as she could before she fell to the ground. The last thing she saw was a golden trinket on a skeleton's wrist.

rip

rip. i'm not crying you are. but hey ——— part one is DONE season one is DONE and i'm so lit for part two cause you get to meet new characters and GALGJAL;JF;.

ALSO ALSO ALSO HEY KIDDOS — part one is done and i'm gonna be editing/adding on to some chapters so keep that in mind!! Part two will be published when I'm done editing! :*** Tysm I'm actually crying