Airport dilemma

(unedited)

Aaliyah's pov:

"Aaaaand.....done" I said, standing up to look at the mess I made. I was finally done packing my bags for school. My mom and dad were sending me off to a boarding prep school in LA. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and headed downstairs.

"hola, mija" my mom said from the kitchen. She flipped the pancakes and smiled at me.

"hey mom" I grabbed an apple from the basket and walked to the backyard. I slid the door open and frowned at the Miami heat that welcomed me. My two younger siblings, Maria and Marco the twins were splashing around in the pool.

"guys breakfast is almost ready, ya'll better come inside before I eat it" I said, walking over to the pool. Marco's hyper eight year old butt decided to grab his water gun and shoot at me.

"MARCO!" I yelled, dodging his shots. "these are my airport clothes!"

"I'm sowwy" he said in fake baby tone.

"Ali, your ride's here" my mom, said from the door. I gave Marco one last dirty look then joged over to my mom.

"Look at you," she said, and put her hands on my cheeks. "you've grown up and now you going to a boarding school all the way on the other side of the country"

"I know, mom. I'll still call you everyday" I said, trying not to cry. She kissed my forehead and I went to grab my bags.

I headed back downstairs and glanced at myself in the mirror. I wore ripped light washed shorts and a white crop top that had a picture of French fries on it and a pair of white Adidas NMD's. My ombre hair was pulled into two french braids and hung halfway down my back. I turned around just as the twins ran up to me and hugged me.

"You can't leave me alone with him" Maria said, looking up at me. Marco punched her arm and got a disapproving look from me.

"It's okay guys. I'll try to call everyday and come on every vacation," I said, running my hand through their hair. "It would be like I was always here"

They let go of me and Marco offered to help me bring my bags to the car. I picked up my backpack and hugged my mom one more time, then followed Marco as he dragged my suitcase down the driveway. The uber driver smiled at Marco theme and put my suitcase in the trunk. I got in the car and waved at my family as the driver pulled away.

"where to, Miss?" He said, looking at the rear mirror.

"Airport, terminal 1" I said, looking out the window.

"do you mind if I ask where are you going?" He said

"oh, I'm going to a boarding school in LA"

"that's cool, you excited?"

"dunno"

The rest of the ride was mostly quiet.

*skip plane ride*

I leaned against the wall as I glance around of the person who said is picking me up. The school emailed my mom telling her that a chaperon will pick up the students from the airport. He was supposed to be here about half an hour ago.

I tapped my foot to the rhythm of the man who was playing a guitar at the exit of the airport. I took out my phone and scrolled through my instagram. Just then a cute guy around my age walked over to me.

"hey" he said, smiling.

"hi" I smiled back and looked back at my phone.

"ummm you going to thorncrest prep?" He said.