Fall Failure

(unedited)

"gahh" I yelped  when Ayesha pulled off my bed sheets.

"get up, Ugly. Guess what day it is today?" She yelled, jumping on my bed. She had a pair of sweat pants on and a tank top. Her hair was tied in a high ponytail.

"What time is it?" I said, covering my eyes as she pulled open the blinds.

"4 pm, you have three hours until the fall formal" She said, turning to face me.

"where's Zion?" I said, looking around the room.

"I kicked him out, genius. How else would I be standing like this?" She said, shaking her shoulders and hair.

"Where'd he go?" I asked , getting out of bed.

"Uhhhh... he said something about suit" She shrugged, looking into the mirror.

"Okay, well..." I said, clapping my hands.

"let's get started" Ayesha said, dragging me to my vanity. She pulled out the hair straightener. She clapped them and started with my hair.

*A few hours later*

"god damn, mami!" I said, looking at myself in the mirror. 

My eyeliner was perfect and the eyeshadow makes my eyes pop. My face glowed and I turned and gave Ayesha a highfive.  

"Is it great or is it great?" she said, turning to put back the brushes.

"Its sooo pretty" I said, moving closer to the mirror to put on the lipstick.

There was a knock on the door and Elom walked in. Ayesha ducked behind the bed and covered her laughter.

"Elom! knock the door!" I said, pushing him out. Ayesha quickly put on a hoodie and threw the hood on, covering her head.

"ok, you're good" she yelled from inside.

"Sorry, really" Elom said, a blush crawling on his face as he looked at Ayesha. He looked at me and raised his eyebrows.

"wow, you can look good" He said, winking.

"What does that even mean?" I said, punching his arm. He laughed and rubbed his arm. Ayesha smiled and returned to cleaning up the make up. Elom glanced over at her and I smirked. He raised an eyebrow when he saw my smirk. I just shrugged and turned around to change into my dress.

*A few minutes later* 

"where in the hell is Zion?" Elom said, calling for the sixth time.

"He told me that he has to get a couple of things done and that he would come back before the dance" Ayesha said, scratching her nose. 

"He can't be serious" I said, opening my phone to text him.

"He's not answering" Elom said, throwing his phone on the bed. He sat down on the bed harshly, making Ayesha jump.

"well, I better head out. My parents are probably waiting outside" Ayesha said, packing her stuff.

"yeah ok, thanks Ayesha" I said, giving her a hug and closing the door behind her.

"why isn't she coming to the dance?" Elom said, confused.

"she has a family thing to attend to" I said, glancing at the door again, expecting Zion to walk in.

"let's just leave" Elom said, after a moment of silence.

I shook my head and grabbed my jacket and shoes. Elom followed me outside and we slowly walked down the hall to the elevator.