Bruises and Icebreakers

(unedited)

"where have you been?" Zion said, the minute I walked into the room. He had his arm's crossed and his eyebrows raised. The same look that dad used to give me when he caught me sneaking out.

"at the tailoring" I said, and walked passed him to my closet. I hung up the dress and turned to go to the washroom.

"you said you'll be back by 4" he said, blocking my path to the washroom. I glanced at the clock over his bed, it was almost 6.

"we had something to deal with" I answered trying to get passed him.

"does that something have to do with the fact that you're limping" he said.

"look, I just fell and hurt my knees" I said, not meeting his eyes.

"then why aren't your leggings ripped?" He asked.

"why does it matter to you anyway? Its not like I'm your girlfriend" I yelled. Trying to be strong was kinda hard when you're up against and hot 6ft 2' guy.

"i just think someone hurt you" he said, softly. He lifted my head up so that I was looking at him. His eyes were covered in worry. He scanned my body for any marks of abuse. I had let down my hair in case there were any hickeys. His eyes landed on my bare stomach. I did have a couple of bruises there when Edwin was holding me down, but I tried to cover it with leggings. I looked down and noticed that my leggings had slid down and the marks were showing.

"shit" Zion said, gently pressing one. I winced and took a step back.

Zion turned around and pushed back a handful of his dreads. I could tell he was pissed so I quickly slipped into the washroom. I closed the door and sat on the toilet lid.

I heard a soft knock on the door. I opened it and saw Zion's face close to tears. He slowly pulled me into a hug. I stood there in shock, confused as to what had gotten into him.

"who was the other person with you?" He said, suddenly looking pissed again.

"Edwin, but why?" I answered, frowning. Zion's eyes were thick with anger as he cursed and walked over to the door. He swung it open and walked out. My eyes widened when I came to a realization as to what is going to happen. I raced after him and saw him walk into Edwin's room, Elom was standing at the door with Nick and looked confused as Zion stormed passed them and into the room.

I gasped as I saw Edwin walk out of the washroom, with only a towel wrapped around his waist. He looked up and smiled at Zion, who punched him straight in the face. I started running to stop them from fighting but got held back by Elom. Nick cursed and ran into the room.

Tears streamed down my face as I tried breaking out of Elom's grasp. He had both of his arms wrapped around me and was slowly dragging me down to the floor. After he sat me down, he started whispering things to me, like calm down or its okay.

After a while Nick was able to separate Zion and Edwin, who had began wrestling on the floor. He was holding Zion back, somehow, and was death staring Edwin to stay put.

"what the hell man?" Edwin said, wiping his bloody nose.

"why'd you put your hands on my girl?" Zion said, fighting to break free.

"what girl?" Edwin said.

"Aaliyah" Zion growled.

"oh you mean the girl that you ditched and told her that you have a fake girlfriend, just so you can show her you're hard to get" Edwin answered.